0.92 macOS packaging

Lyndsy Simon
I'm a long-time user of Inkscape who uses macOS, and while I've not got a ton of experience in packaging software for distribution I believe I'm capable of learning it and taking responsibility for putting together and maintaining Inkscape's macOS version.

Is the build workflow that was used to package 0.91 for macOS documented somewhere? That, along with a precise description of the issues that led to its discontinuation, should be enough to get started.

-Lyndsy Simon

Re: 0.92 macOS packaging

Sylvain Chiron
Le 04/01/2017 à 17:27, Lyndsy Simon a écrit :
> I'm a long-time user of Inkscape who uses macOS, and while I've not got
> a ton of experience in packaging software for distribution I believe I'm
> capable of learning it and taking responsibility for putting together
> and maintaining Inkscape's macOS version.

Wonderful!

> Is the build workflow that was used to package 0.91 for macOS documented
> somewhere? That, along with a precise description of the issues that led
> to its discontinuation, should be enough to get started.

There are articles on the wiki:
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Mac_OS_X
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CompilingMacOsX
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Notes_on_Packaging_for_OS_X

And the files are here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/inkscape/0.92.x/files/head:/packaging/macosx/
It seems they have been removed in trunk.

(Other doc I’m not aware of might exist.)
--
Sylvain

Re: 0.92 macOS packaging

rucativava
This is great news. Are you trying to compile it to run native? That would be great. I use this version , native, currently: https://inkscape.org/en/~su_v/%E2%98%85inkscape-osxmenu-r12922-gtk2

Re: 0.92 macOS packaging

Atsuyoshi Suzuki
HI, macOS  users.

I tried to create app bundle and dmg package (Inkscape.app & Inkscape.dmg).

It is compiled as OS X native version (Gtk2/quartz). Fixed existing package creation script.

My procedure is below:

  https://gist.github.com/atuyosi/ab5499a176b0b456bca98c44e2775cbb

I'm not sure if it is the preferred procedure. I confirmed that it works on Mountain Lion and Sierra.
I need to get feedback about packaging procedure.

Mountain Lion or later:

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z9fw7asrug45nbm/AAAyeH8KSXWh4ZlHKl0DTsd2a?dl=0

Build for macOS Sierra(WITH_GNOME_VFS=ON) :

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gbddiuns6aqika/AABuOV9xMqTop8AB9A1A10hha?dl=0

Unfortunately, the version number in the background image remains old.

It contains some bug fix for below ( only startup script ).

- Bug #476678 “Mac OS X: Fails to get locale in Japanese” : Bugs : Inkscape - https://goo.gl/OGNSQw
- #52632 (Inkscape-app quits immediately after install) – MacPorts - https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52632 (Sierra package only)

Fixed files etc.

  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0gjwf0u0ymrkl5/AACTDMZ68Gv_Ew6p2D1bVDkna?dl=0

I thought osx native version is an experimental package so far.  Is it possible to think that osx native version is a first class citizen from now on?

Thanks in advance.
--
Atsuyoshi Suzuki