2 entries for 1 object in XML Editor

Brynn
Hi Friends,
        I was just using the XML Editor to try and help someone in a forum.
Completely unrelated to their problem, I noticed that 2 entries are being
created for each object, in the XML.  I've never noticed that before.

        Have I inadvertently changed some option that might be causing this?
Because wouldn't this kind of behavior result in file size that's double what
it's supposed to be?

        Just making up a test file, in case anyone wants it.  And doing that, I
noticed that it's only happening if the Fill and Stroke dialog is open.  After
closing the F/S dialog however, it's still happening.  Wow, and sometimes adding
3 or 4 entries for each object!  But if F/S dialog is not open when the file is
opened, it doesn't happen.

        At first I thought this was something I did wrong.  But with F/S dialog
being involved, now I wonder if it's a bug?  I searched in LP and didn't find
anything similar.  But there's a good chance any existing report uses
terminology that I don't understand or recognize.

        Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Inkscape 0.92.1, 64-bit, exe installer.  I can
test in 0.92pre3, 64-bit, 7z version and 0.91, 32-bit, 7z version, if it would
be helpful.

        What else can I give you, if necessary?

        Hhmm, another new file doesn't show this.  Curious.  Well, fwiw  :-)

Re: 2 entries for 1 object in XML Editor

Maren Hachmann
It's probably this known bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1251056

Am 04.04.2017 um 03:52 schrieb brynn:

> Hi Friends,
>         I was just using the XML Editor to try and help someone in a forum.
> Completely unrelated to their problem, I noticed that 2 entries are being
> created for each object, in the XML.  I've never noticed that before.
>
>         Have I inadvertently changed some option that might be causing this?
> Because wouldn't this kind of behavior result in file size that's double what
> it's supposed to be?
>
>         Just making up a test file, in case anyone wants it.  And doing that, I
> noticed that it's only happening if the Fill and Stroke dialog is open.  After
> closing the F/S dialog however, it's still happening.  Wow, and sometimes adding
> 3 or 4 entries for each object!  But if F/S dialog is not open when the file is
> opened, it doesn't happen.
>
>         At first I thought this was something I did wrong.  But with F/S dialog
> being involved, now I wonder if it's a bug?  I searched in LP and didn't find
> anything similar.  But there's a good chance any existing report uses
> terminology that I don't understand or recognize.
>
>         Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Inkscape 0.92.1, 64-bit, exe installer.  I can
> test in 0.92pre3, 64-bit, 7z version and 0.91, 32-bit, 7z version, if it would
> be helpful.
>
>         What else can I give you, if necessary?
>
>         Hhmm, another new file doesn't show this.  Curious.  Well, fwiw  :-)
>
> Thanks,
> brynn

Re: 2 entries for 1 object in XML Editor

Brynn
Thanks Maren!

Oh yes, it did start happening when I had 3 instances open.  I added a comment
about the F/S dialog, in case it might help.