Align objects side by side with fixed spacing

Align objects side by side with fixed spacing

Christoph Raab
Hi everyone,

I have e.g. 100 objects of the varying size. How can I get them all next to each other, with equal gaps? (For example, no gap.)

I've found one way to sort of attain this this result: start with them all further apart than needed, then iteratively scale each object ob by a small amount and "make horizontal/vertical gaps between objects equal" - until the desired gap is needed.

But of course that's very slow.
Does anyone know a proper/easier way to do this?

Best,
Christoph

Re: Align objects side by side with fixed spacing

Maren Hachmann
Hi Christoph,

there's a dialog that allows for a grid-like arrangement like that:

Object -> Arrange / Objekt -> Anordnen

(see also: http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL_v14/html/Align.html,
section 'Rows and Columns' - was renamed).

Kind Regards,
 Maren