Any progress on CMYK?

John Culleton-3
My copy of the 4th edition of the Bah book says it is
 "under way." The absence is a pity because with the
built-in perfect book layout facility
Inkscape would be most useful in creating book covers.
The ability to distort type faces
makes for some interesting possibilities

I recognize the size of the task of course.
--
John Culleton
Wexfordpress

Re: Any progress on CMYK?

Brynn
Hi John,
        I can't tell you anything from the development end of things.  But as an
Inkscape user, I know that has been a long wished for feature.   Some have even
said it's the only thing preventing Inkscape from being a serious, professional,
stand-alone vector editor, which could replace AI.
        Mmm..that didn't come out exactly right.  Of course Inkscape is already
most of that and I know Inkscape doesn't strive to be an AI replacement.  But
I've heard professional graphic artists say that lack of true cmyk is the only
thing preventing them from dropping AI altogether.
        We had someone from the Brazillian Inkscape community who wrote a nice
extension or 2. (non-functional with 0.91 or 0.92)

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/ExportPDFCMYK
http://wiki.softwarelivre.org/InkscapeBrasil/ExportarPDFCMYK
http://wiki.softwarelivre.org/InkscapeBrasil/ExportarTIFFCMYK

        Then they decided to expand it into something more (I don't actually
understand what the "more" is).

http://jonata.org/inkscape/outputpro/

        Here's some brief discussion about it:

http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5943&start=25#p45043

        But the new version (OutputPRO) is still under development.  The last I
heard, development was stalled, but that's all I know.
        I'll also be interested to learn about the current native development
status.