Blend mode UI/UX

Victor / tokiop
Hi list !

do you know an easy way to set or reset an object's blend mode ?

We are able to set layer's blend mode, and objects from this layers keep their blend mode when copy/pasted on another layer (which I find counter-intuitive at first).

I didn't find a way to reset it to "normal" without using the xml editor. Looked for it where I thought it could be present :

- Menu > Object > Blend mode > ...
- Right click on object > blend mode > ...
- Fill and Stroke panel > blend mode (near opacity and blur sliders)

Did I miss an UI to do such modification ? Would you find such UI elements useful, or using blend modes is marginal in Inkscape ?

I got used to layer-juggling when wanting to use blend modes, but it stroke me as tedious today, and maybe it could be made easier and more intuitive for users and newcomers.

Have a nice day !

Victor

Re: Blend mode UI/UX

Maren Hachmann
Filters > Remove filters to remove.

To set: Object > Objects, select, change blend filter.

Maren

Am 30.08.19 um 12:50 schrieb Victor / tokiop:

> Hi list !
>
> do you know an easy way to set or reset an object's blend mode ?
>
> We are able to set layer's blend mode, and objects from this layers keep their blend mode when copy/pasted on another layer (which I find counter-intuitive at first).
>
> I didn't find a way to reset it to "normal" without using the xml editor. Looked for it where I thought it could be present :
>
> - Menu > Object > Blend mode > ...
> - Right click on object > blend mode > ...
> - Fill and Stroke panel > blend mode (near opacity and blur sliders)
>
> Did I miss an UI to do such modification ? Would you find such UI elements useful, or using blend modes is marginal in Inkscape ?
>
> I got used to layer-juggling when wanting to use blend modes, but it stroke me as tedious today, and maybe it could be made easier and more intuitive for users and newcomers.
>
> Have a nice day !
>
> Victor

Re: Blend mode UI/UX

Victor / tokiop
Le 30/08/2019 à 13:51, Maren Hachmann a écrit :
> Filters > Remove filters to remove.
>
> To set: Object > Objects, select, change blend filter.

Thanks a lot Maren, the object panel works well, never used it before !
A dropdown in Fill and Stroke would be handy and more discoverable IMHO.

Have a nice day :)

Victor