Board meeting Friday Jul 6th at 10am Pacific

Board meeting Friday Jul 6th at 10am Pacific

Bryce Harrington-3
Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Jul 6th,
at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.

    http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings

Agenda:
-------
    * Kiel Hackfest
    ** [[Hackfest2018 Kiel]] - Sun, 2018-09-09 until Thu, 2018-09-13
    ** Board sponsored dinner

    * Future meetings/hackfests.
    ** [http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/ SCALE] - March 7th-10th,
       2019 (Pasadena, California)
    ** [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019] - May 30th-June 3rd
       (Saarbrucken, Germany) Proposed. (About two hours by train from
       Paris.)

    * Merchandise sales
    ** Spreadshirt
    ** Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress,
       Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]

    * Outreachy: Next round starts in August
      [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]

    * Action Items

    * Other Business

Action Items from last meeting:
-------------------------------

        === Upcoming Events 2018-19: Kiel Hackfest; SCALE; LGM ===
        ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
        ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
        ♢ ACTION: Arrange vote #2 on Kiel hackfest (funding arrangements) [bryce]
        ♢ ACTION: Arrange vote #1 on Kiel hackfest (official decision) [bryce]
        ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]

        === Merchadise Sales ===
        ♢ ACTION: Followup with crogers on spreadshirt progress [Mc]

        === Other Action Items ===
        ♢ ACTION: Send prkos link to mailman ansible code [bryce]
        ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [assignee needed]

Transcripts of previous meetings:
---------------------------------
    http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/

Re: [Inkscape-board] Board meeting Friday Jul 6th at 10am Pacific

Bryce Harrington-3
Transcript from the meeting:

  http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-07-06.log.html

Action Items:

    === Kiel Hackfest 2018 ===
    ♢ ACTION: (Re-)Announce Kiel hackfest on inkscape-devel@ [Tav]
    ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Kiel hackfest [crogers]
    ♢ ACTION: Arrange additional Kiel hackfest attendance vote [bryce]
    ♢ ACTION: Let folks know the new paypal tag for hackfests [bryce]
    ♢ ACTION: Kiel hackfest donation request news article [Moini, Ryangorley]

    === Future meetings/hackfests ===
    ♢ ACTION: Set up wiki page for SCALE hackfest
    ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]

    === 0.92.4 Release ===
    ♢ ACTION: Kickoff 0.92.4 release in early August [bryce]
    ♢ ACTION: Remember to put correct version string in AC_ for 0.92.4 [bryce]

    === 1.0 Release ===
    ♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
    ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
    ♢ ACTION: Set up wiki page for collecting ideas of things worth getting fixed for 1.0 [crogers]
    ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
    ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]

    === Merchandise Sales ===
    ♢ ACTION: Finalize spreadshirt for launch [crogers, Mc]

Next meeting will be Friday August 3rd.

Bryce

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 07:47:13PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Jul 6th,
> at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.
>
>     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
>

> Agenda:
> -------
>     * Kiel Hackfest
>     ** [[Hackfest2018 Kiel]] - Sun, 2018-09-09 until Thu, 2018-09-13
>     ** Board sponsored dinner
>
>     * Future meetings/hackfests.
>     ** [http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/ SCALE] - March 7th-10th,
>        2019 (Pasadena, California)
>     ** [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019] - May 30th-June 3rd
>        (Saarbrucken, Germany) Proposed. (About two hours by train from
>        Paris.)
>
>     * Merchandise sales
>     ** Spreadshirt
>     ** Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress,
>        Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
>
>     * Outreachy: Next round starts in August
>       [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]
>
>     * Action Items
>
>     * Other Business
>

> Action Items from last meeting:
> -------------------------------
>
>         === Upcoming Events 2018-19: Kiel Hackfest; SCALE; LGM ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
>         ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
>         ♢ ACTION: Arrange vote #2 on Kiel hackfest (funding arrangements) [bryce]
>         ♢ ACTION: Arrange vote #1 on Kiel hackfest (official decision) [bryce]
>         ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
>
>         === Merchadise Sales ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Followup with crogers on spreadshirt progress [Mc]
>
>         === Other Action Items ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Send prkos link to mailman ansible code [bryce]
>         ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [assignee needed]
>

> Transcripts of previous meetings:
> ---------------------------------
>     http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/
>

> Bryce

Re: [Inkscape-board] Board meeting Friday Jul 6th at 10am Pacific

Máirín Duffy

On 07/05/2018 10:47 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>      * Outreachy: Next round starts in August
>        [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]
Hey, just a note I haven't forgotten about this; we are targeting the
Dec round so we have some time. My next steps are to determine total
budget we need to raise and have the donate button set up so we can
fundraise and advertise it.

~m

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 07:46:23AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On 07/05/2018 10:47 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >     * Outreachy: Next round starts in August
> >       [https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/]
> Hey, just a note I haven't forgotten about this; we are targeting the Dec
> round so we have some time. My next steps are to determine total budget we
> need to raise and have the donate button set up so we can fundraise and
> advertise it.
>
> ~m

Thanks for following up!

I'll try and remember to check in again this fall.

Re: [Inkscape-board] Board meeting Friday Jul 6th at 10am Pacific

Victor Westmann
Dreaming day and night about the feature that will enable symbolic icons/themes in inkscape. :)