Board meeting Friday Oct 5th at 10am Pacific

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Board meeting Friday Oct 5th at 10am Pacific

Bryce Harrington-3
Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Oct 5th,
at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.

    http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings


Agenda:
-------
    * Past hackfests: recap.
    ** [http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Kiel Kiel]
   
    * Future meetings/hackfests.
    ** [http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/ SCALE] - March 7th-10th,
       2019 (Pasadena, California)
    ** [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019] - May 30th-June 3rd
       (Saarbrucken, Germany) Proposed. (About two hours by train from
       Paris.)
   
    * Infrastructure
    ** http://chat.inkscape.org/
   
    * Merchandise sales
    ** Spreadshirt
    ** Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress,
       Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
   
    * Action Items
   
    * Other Business


Action Items from last meeting:
-------------------------------
        == Merchandise Sales ==
        ♢ ACTION: Investigate hellotux.com for merchandise [crogers]
        ♢ ACTION: Coordinate announcement of spreadshirt with hackfest [crogers, vectors team]
        ♢ ACTION: Check with Conservancy on status of sticker production [doctormon]
   
        === Future meetings/hackfests ===
        ♢ ACTION: Set up wiki page for SCALE hackfest [Tav]
        ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
        ♢ ACTION: Propose some options and concrete plans for hackfest at SCALE [tedg]
   
        === 0.92.4 Release ===
        ♢ ACTION: Kickoff 0.92.4 release [bryce]
        ♢ ACTION: Remember to put correct version string in AC_ for 0.92.4 [bryce]
   
        === 1.0 Release ===
        ♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
        ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac/barbara about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
        ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]
        ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
        ♢ ACTION: Review bug fix list http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/1.0_Release_Bug_Fix_List [bryce]
        ♢ ACTION: Plan bug management for 1.0 [bryce,Mc]
   
        === Outreachy ===
        ♢ ACTION: Verify that outreachy project proposal is written and available online [doctormo]
        ♦ ACTION: Check with fundraising status on outreachy, and finalize vote [bryce]


Transcripts of previous meetings:
---------------------------------
    http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/


Bryce


_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

signature.asc (201 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Board meeting Friday Oct 5th at 10am Pacific

Bryce Harrington-3
The board meeting today was very thorough (and ran waaay long).  A few
key points:

Bug tracking got a lot of discussion.  We seem to have a consensus
building around the idea that we should start fresh in gitlab, with bugs
manually migrated if they can still be reproduced.

Sounds like Spreadshirt is close to being ready to announce officially.
CRogers is also working with hellotux.com for some higher quality
embroidered shirt options, but that's still in planning stages.

We have two hackfests to plan so far for 2019.  In March we'll hold one
associated with SCALE in Pasadena, CA, but are still looking for venue
spaces.  May will see one in Europe associated with LGM.  We're in the
early phase of planning in both cases; if you're interested in assisting
with event planning this would be a great time to get involved.  I'll
doublecheck how hackfest fundraising has been progressing and report at
tomorrow's Vectors meeting.

The Inkscape 1.0 release is getting increasing focus.  Mc has drafted a
planned schedule that gives us Inkscape 1.0 by the middle of next year.


Transcript:
-----------
    http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/2018-10-05.log.html

Action items:
-------------
    == Merchandise Sales ==
    ♢ ACTION: Coordinate announcement of spreadshirt with hackfest [crogers, vectors team]
    ♢ ACTION: Check with Conservancy on status of sticker production [doctormon]
    ♢ ACTION: Email Bryce with evaluation/details about hellotux.com merchandise service, for preparing board vote [crogers]
    ♢ ACTION: Board vote on hellotux.com [bryce]

    === Future meetings/hackfests ===
    ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
    ♢ ACTION: Propose some options and concrete plans for hackfest at SCALE [tedg]
    ♢ ACTION: Review hackfest fundraising in/out progress [bryce]

    === 0.92.4 Release ===
    ♢ ACTION: Kickoff 0.92.4 release [bryce]
    ♢ ACTION: Remember to put correct version string in AC_ for 0.92.4 [bryce]

    === 1.0 Release ===
    ♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
    ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac/barbara about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
    ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]
    ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
    ♢ ACTION: Review bug fix list http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/1.0_Release_Bug_Fix_List [bryce]


On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 08:46:14AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for Friday, Oct 5th,
> at 10am Pacific in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.
>
>     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
>
>
> Agenda:
> -------
>     * Past hackfests: recap.
>     ** [http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Kiel Kiel]
>    
>     * Future meetings/hackfests.
>     ** [http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/ SCALE] - March 7th-10th,
>        2019 (Pasadena, California)
>     ** [http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2019/ LGM 2019] - May 30th-June 3rd
>        (Saarbrucken, Germany) Proposed. (About two hours by train from
>        Paris.)
>    
>     * Infrastructure
>     ** http://chat.inkscape.org/
>    
>     * Merchandise sales
>     ** Spreadshirt
>     ** Evaluate self-serve merchandise sales - spreadshirt, cafepress,
>        Golden Ribbon, Think Penguin or similar [Mc]
>    
>     * Action Items
>    
>     * Other Business
>
>
> Action Items from last meeting:
> -------------------------------
>         == Merchandise Sales ==
>         ♢ ACTION: Investigate hellotux.com for merchandise [crogers]
>         ♢ ACTION: Coordinate announcement of spreadshirt with hackfest [crogers, vectors team]
>         ♢ ACTION: Check with Conservancy on status of sticker production [doctormon]
>    
>         === Future meetings/hackfests ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Set up wiki page for SCALE hackfest [Tav]
>         ♢ ACTION: Check into pre/post SCALE meeting options & AirBNB [tedg, scislac]
>         ♢ ACTION: Propose some options and concrete plans for hackfest at SCALE [tedg]
>    
>         === 0.92.4 Release ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Kickoff 0.92.4 release [bryce]
>         ♢ ACTION: Remember to put correct version string in AC_ for 0.92.4 [bryce]
>    
>         === 1.0 Release ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Check in with people doing test case conversion [Tav]
>         ♢ ACTION: ping jimmac/barbara about the symbolic icons for adding the theme to Inkscape [scislac]
>         ♢ ACTION: Plan video for Inkscape 1.0 release [crogers]
>         ♢ ACTION: Brainstorm plans for 1.0beta / 1.0 commemorative merch [crogers, tedg]
>         ♢ ACTION: Review bug fix list http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/1.0_Release_Bug_Fix_List [bryce]
>         ♢ ACTION: Plan bug management for 1.0 [bryce,Mc]
>    
>         === Outreachy ===
>         ♢ ACTION: Verify that outreachy project proposal is written and available online [doctormo]
>         ♦ ACTION: Check with fundraising status on outreachy, and finalize vote [bryce]
>
>
> Transcripts of previous meetings:
> ---------------------------------
>     http://alpha.inkscape.org/board/meetings/transcripts/
>
>
> Bryce

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> iF0EABECAB0WIQTHIj6+TvZlE7iSWYkRowFW4OZ2EQUCW7OSxQAKCRARowFW4OZ2
> ERMnAJ9z/NVn4rg1VJk09P/bVr1NbUeWygCfcsXQq5SAidiPLAZNSV+OPUfKztQ=
> =QZ45
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



> _______________________________________________
> Inkscape-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel



_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel