Quantcast

Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

Frank Schima
I'm trying to build inkscape 0.48.2 as a Mac .app application using Macports. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.2.1 and Macports python 2.7.2 with numpy and lxml. According to the wiki page [1], I should use the osx-app.sh shell script to create it. So I attempted to run the script as stated in the wiki but it did not work for me, saying that it wants the python modules directory to be specified.

$ pwd
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_trunk_dports_graphics_inkscape/inkscape/work/inkscape-0.48.2/packaging/macosx
$ ./osx-app.sh -s -b /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_trunk_dports_graphics_inkscape/inkscape/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/inkscape -p ../../Info.plist

CREATE INKSCAPE APP BUNDLE

Python modules directory not specified.
Python modules can be downloaded from:
    http://inkscape.modevia.com/macosx-snap/Python-packages.dmg

So I next attempted to specify the python directory.

$ ./osx-app.sh -s -b /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_trunk_dports_graphics_inkscape/inkscape/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/inkscape -p ../../Info.plist -py /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages

CREATE INKSCAPE APP BUNDLE

Directory does not appear to contain the i386 and ppc python modules:
    /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Python modules can be downloaded from:
    http://inkscape.modevia.com/macosx-snap/Python-packages.dmg

I tried the download link but that does not resolve.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, and more importantly how I can build inkscape as a Mac .app with Macports?


Cheers!
Frank

[1] <http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CompilingMacOsX>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Virtualization & Cloud Management Using Capacity Planning
Cloud computing makes use of virtualization - but cloud computing
also focuses on allowing computing to be delivered as a service.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51521223/
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

Michael Wybrow-2

On 27/02/2012, at 10:15 AM, Frank Schima wrote:

> I'm trying to build inkscape 0.48.2 as a Mac .app application using Macports. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.2.1 and Macports python 2.7.2 with numpy and lxml. According to the wiki page [1], I should use the osx-app.sh shell script to create it. So I attempted to run the script as stated in the wiki but it did not work for me, saying that it wants the python modules directory to be specified.
>
> Python modules directory not specified.
> Python modules can be downloaded from:
>    http://inkscape.modevia.com/macosx-snap/Python-packages.dmg

Hi Frank,

Sorry that server disappeared when modevia stopped hosting nightly builds for us.  We need to update the build script to reflect that.

I have a copy of the Python-packages.dmg but this doesn't work with the python version in Lion (OS X 10.7.x) anyway.  I believe that we need to update the build script to package up a version of lxml and numpy built specifically for Lion.

Cheers,
Michael
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try before you buy = See our experts in action!
The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

Frank Schima

On Feb 26, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Michael Wybrow wrote:

>
> On 27/02/2012, at 10:15 AM, Frank Schima wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build inkscape 0.48.2 as a Mac .app application using Macports. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.2.1 and Macports python 2.7.2 with numpy and lxml. According to the wiki page [1], I should use the osx-app.sh shell script to create it. So I attempted to run the script as stated in the wiki but it did not work for me, saying that it wants the python modules directory to be specified.
>>
>> Python modules directory not specified.
>> Python modules can be downloaded from:
>>   http://inkscape.modevia.com/macosx-snap/Python-packages.dmg
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Sorry that server disappeared when modevia stopped hosting nightly builds for us.  We need to update the build script to reflect that.
>
> I have a copy of the Python-packages.dmg but this doesn't work with the python version in Lion (OS X 10.7.x) anyway.  I believe that we need to update the build script to package up a version of lxml and numpy built specifically for Lion.

Hi Michael,


Thanks for the response. Can the script be modified to use the x86_64 python 2.7 (or whatever version) numpy and lxml modules built from Macports? That will work for Lion because those modules will have been built locally for the user.


Cheers!
Frank


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try before you buy = See our experts in action!
The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

su_v
In reply to this post by Michael Wybrow-2
On 27/02/2012 03:29, Michael Wybrow wrote:

> I have a copy of the Python-packages.dmg but this doesn't work with
> the python version in Lion (OS X 10.7.x) anyway.  I believe that we
> need to update the build script to package up a version of lxml and
> numpy built specifically for Lion.

Numpy does not need to be included for Lion (nor for Snow Leopard): it
already comes with the system python version [1].

(See also 'Note III' in
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.inkscape.devel/38204>:
for the app created on Lion with the additional lxml module for Python
2.7 included, I did edit the launcher script 'Resources/bin/inkscape' to
allow the 64bit inkscape build on Lion to launch the default system
python (Python 2.7 64bit), instead of forcing it to fall back to Python
2.6 in 32bit as workaround to be able to use the modules from
Python-packages.dmg.

To build the lxml module for Python 2.7, I did follow the instructions
from <http://lxml.de/build.html#building-lxml-on-macos-x>
and installed the module into a custom prefix (with static deps). AFAICT
this could easily be scripted and added to the packaging scripts.)


hth, ~suv


[1] Attached a small debug extension which I use to verify the paths
from which the modules lxml and numpy are loaded, as well as which
python version is launched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try before you buy = See our experts in action!
The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel

attachment0 (592 bytes) Download Attachment
debug.inx (746 bytes) Download Attachment
debug.py (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building .app on Mac OS X with Macports

lauhub
Hi,
I am trying to build Inkscape in a app, but just to use it and make some graphic works.

Would you have a .app file to send me please ? Or a link to download the OS X 64 bits package ?

Thanks in advance
Loading...