Candidates Needed

Martin Owens-2
Dear Developers,

There are 4 potential candidates that have yet to accept (or reject)
their invitation. If no other candidates step forward today, then the
voting process at 3am UTC will be automatic and the two candidates we
have will be automatically selected without a vote.

Thanks for everyone's attention.

Best Regards, Martin Owens
2017 Election Officer

Re: Candidates Needed

Bryce Harrington-3
On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 05:55:41PM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> There are 4 potential candidates that have yet to accept (or reject)
> their invitation. If no other candidates step forward today, then the
> voting process at 3am UTC will be automatic and the two candidates we
> have will be automatically selected without a vote.
>
> Thanks for everyone's attention.

Hi Martin,

Perhaps we could extend the nomination process through the end of the
week?

Re: Candidates Needed

Ryan Gorley-2
Since they've neither accepted not rejected their invites it seems at least plausible they don't know they've been nominated. Is it possible to send out reminders, or perhaps in the case of these just four instances, to reach out individually?

I've nothing against those standing, of course. :)

On Sun, 2017-09-24 at 15:02 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 05:55:41PM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> >
> > Dear Developers,
> >
> > There are 4 potential candidates that have yet to accept (or
> > reject)
> > their invitation. If no other candidates step forward today, then
> > the
> > voting process at 3am UTC will be automatic and the two candidates
> > we
> > have will be automatically selected without a vote.
> >
> > Thanks for everyone's attention.
> Hi Martin,
>
> Perhaps we could extend the nomination process through the end of the
> week?

Good idea, I've extended the period another 5 days.

Re: Candidates Needed

Brynn
Can anyone see those who have been nominated, but have not accepted the
nomination?  I found this page,
https://inkscape.org/en/*board/elections/board-elections-2017/ , but apparently
only shows those who have accepted nominations.