Cusp corner cap even with rounded corners active (stroke)

Cusp corner cap even with rounded corners active (stroke)

Maren Hachmann
Jabier asked me to share this file via mailing list.

The shape in it has a stroke with round caps. Only one corner looks as
if it has another type of cap.

The cap type depends upon the size of the path.

When you make it larger, it starts to look as expected.

In Firefox it looks as expected at any size.

(Hackfest bug reported by Robert who is visiting us and uses Inkscape
for teaching students about building technology)

ZeichnungZeta.svg (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Cusp corner cap even with rounded corners active (stroke)

Maren Hachmann
@Jabier: I've just been told that this is probably the same as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1409520

Tav has already investigated a bit, seems to be a cairo thing :/

Maren

Am 11.09.2018 um 13:32 schrieb Maren Hachmann:

> Jabier asked me to share this file via mailing list.
>
> The shape in it has a stroke with round caps. Only one corner looks as
> if it has another type of cap.
>
> The cap type depends upon the size of the path.
>
> When you make it larger, it starts to look as expected.
>
> In Firefox it looks as expected at any size.
>
> (Hackfest bug reported by Robert who is visiting us and uses Inkscape
> for teaching students about building technology)
>
> Maren

Re: Cusp corner cap even with rounded corners active (stroke)

It's the top-right corner for me, which doesn't conform (until the stroke is
wider).  (In Inkscape, I didn't test with a browser.)