Development Project Management System Gsoc 2017

Development Project Management System Gsoc 2017

Rohit Lodha
Hi I am Rohit.
As I mentioned in my last email, I would like to contribute to Inkscape by working on the Development Project Management System during the summer.
I have already submitted some patches to inkscape-web repository.
I would like you to help me write my project proposal by suggesting more features that can be implemented in the system.
After going through the blueprints, funded development project and Janitorial task, I suggest we build a Web portal with the following features :
  • People can submit,edit and view ideas for development project.( With login capabilities or without it)
  • The admin and the user(who uploaded the idea) will have the authority to change the status of the project ( Like assigning it to somebody, changing the design,priority,delivery,tags of the project among other things)
  • Contributors can view the ideas based on different filters( priority, tags, design, janitorial, languages) and can select those project by letting the admin/user know.
  • A feature will be added where contributors can comment and clarify their doubts about the project.
  • All the launchpad blueprints can be transferred to the portal with a well written python script.

This is just a basic blueprint of the system. I would like you to suggest some more features which I may have missed.

-Rohit Lodha
Gitlab profile : https://gitlab.com/rtgdk
Github profile: https://github.com/rtgdk

Re: Development Project Management System Gsoc 2017

Martin Owens-2
Hi Rohit,

Your proposal is a competent start. I think that's needed is to think
about how to get the goals of the project app and blueprints together.
This is so we can mark projects as funded and non-funded etc.

There's a few features mentioned in the list below which aren't needed
as much so a priority list should be generated.

You should set aside time for the design, I think it'll need a some
time set aside.

Let me know if you're available to chat.

Best Regards, Martin Owens