Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

webmaster

Dear Inkscape Developer,

There is a new election underway to elect a new member to Inkscape Vectors Team,
 you have 4 days (Sept. 9, 2017) to invite members of the community to stand for the election.

----

This election has been called to test the election software. It's a work in progress and although a lot has been done to try and get this software ready, we do need a live test before we can start a proper board election using it.

----
You must be a member of the team on the website in order to vote or invite candidates to stand. You must make sure that your team membership status is settled before the vote opens in order for your ballot to be created in time.

Send invitation: http://www.inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-2017/

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

C R
Recommend changing the page title to "Test Election", so folks don't
think we're nominating people for the Inkscape Vectors Team. :)

-C

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:50 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Inkscape Developer,
>
> There is a new election underway to elect a new member to Inkscape Vectors Team,
>  you have 4 days (Sept. 9, 2017) to invite members of the community to stand for the election.
>

> ----
>
> This election has been called to test the election software. It&#39;s a work in progress and although a lot has been done to try and get this software ready, we do need a live test before we can start a proper board election using it.
>
> ----
> You must be a member of the team on the website in order to vote or invite candidates to stand. You must make sure that your team membership status is settled before the vote opens in order for your ballot to be created in time.
>
> Send invitation: http://www.inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-2017/

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

Jabier Arraiza
For the voting system. I think I only can send a invitation to one
person.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 02:48:21PM +0100, C R wrote:
> Recommend changing the page title to "Test Election", so folks don't
> think we're nominating people for the Inkscape Vectors Team. :)

+1

> -C
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:50 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Inkscape Developer,
> >
> > There is a new election underway to elect a new member to Inkscape Vectors Team,
> >  you have 4 days (Sept. 9, 2017) to invite members of the community to stand for the election.
> >

> > ----
> >
> > This election has been called to test the election software. It&#39;s a work in progress and although a lot has been done to try and get this software ready, we do need a live test before we can start a proper board election using it.
> >
> > ----
> > You must be a member of the team on the website in order to vote or invite candidates to stand. You must make sure that your team membership status is settled before the vote opens in order for your ballot to be created in time.
> >
> > Send invitation: http://www.inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-2017/

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

Martin Owens-2
On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 12:17 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 02:48:21PM +0100, C R wrote:
> > Recommend changing the page title to "Test Election", so folks
> don't
> > think we're nominating people for the Inkscape Vectors Team. :)
>
> +1

The main problem is that /we are/ nominating people for the vectors
team. It's a test, but it will function to add users to the team.

Hopefully it won't mess anything up though.

There's also a how-to for creating an election:

https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-web/wikis/Creating-an-Election

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

C R
I would vote we test the system, then do real elections after it's proven to work... But why we need to elect people to the vectors team when there already is a team is something else I don't understand. :) Could you explain a bit more for my benefit, Martin?

Are we electing new members to teams or... Just the vectors team? This is the first I've heard about it.

Thanks for the clarification.

-C

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 07:23 +0100, C R wrote:
> I would vote we test the system, then do real elections after it's
> proven to work... But why we need to elect people to the vectors team
> when there already is a team is something else I don't understand. :)
> Could you explain a bit more for my benefit, Martin?
>
> Are we electing new members to teams or... Just the vectors team?
> This is the first I've heard about it.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.

Sure,

Anyone can join the Vector's team, it's an open team.

This election is therefor... not a real election. Because no one /has/
to stand in an election to be in the team. But people should nominate
each other so they can test the system.

We'll run the election as if it was a real thing, but the results won't
be disruptive of anything.

Does this make more sense?

Best regards, Martin Owens

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

C R
Ah okay. I think I get what you're going for...
So can we elect members of the vectors team that are already on the
team then... for testing purposes?

Thanks for clarification.

-C

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 07:23 +0100, C R wrote:
>> I would vote we test the system, then do real elections after it's
>> proven to work... But why we need to elect people to the vectors team
>> when there already is a team is something else I don't understand. :)
>> Could you explain a bit more for my benefit, Martin?
>>
>> Are we electing new members to teams or... Just the vectors team?
>> This is the first I've heard about it.
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> Sure,
>
> Anyone can join the Vector's team, it's an open team.
>
> This election is therefor... not a real election. Because no one /has/
> to stand in an election to be in the team. But people should nominate
> each other so they can test the system.
>
> We'll run the election as if it was a real thing, but the results won't
> be disruptive of anything.
>
> Does this make more sense?
>
> Best regards, Martin Owens

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

Hi everyone,

I need at least two more nominations to give the tires a good kicking
for the drag and drop portion (voting), also if you can join the
inkscape developers team on the website:

https://inkscape.org/en/*developer

Everyone who is in the AUTHORs list needs to be joined to that team in
order to vote on the up and coming election. (also to nominate and vote
in this test too, so go do that!)

The regular people have already made an invite and one can only invite
one other person, so don't delay, we need your help!

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 19:08 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 12:17 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 02:48:21PM +0100, C R wrote:
> > >
> > > Recommend changing the page title to "Test Election", so folks
> > don't
> > >
> > > think we're nominating people for the Inkscape Vectors Team. :)
> > +1
> The main problem is that /we are/ nominating people for the vectors
> team. It's a test, but it will function to add users to the team.
>
> Hopefully it won't mess anything up though.
>
> There's also a how-to for creating an election:
>
> https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-web/wikis/Creating-an-Election

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

C R
Search is broken in a few ways:
1. Tried a search for Ryan, and it omitted Ryan Gorley.
2. When the search turns up no results, it does not say that no results were found, it just reloads the page.
3. Searched for Lazur, and it found them, but then clicking on "Invite Lazur" just took me to their profile page.

So I'm presently unable to nominate people to stand.

-C

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 07:40 +0100, C R wrote:
> Search is broken in a few ways:
> 1. Tried a search for Ryan, and it omitted Ryan Gorley.
> 2. When the search turns up no results, it does not say that no
> results were found, it just reloads the page.
> 3. Searched for Lazur, and it found them, but then clicking on
> "Invite Lazur" just took me to their profile page.
>
> So I'm presently unable to nominate people to stand.

Thanks CR,

This should be fixed now, I've made it more capable and tried to
account for a few searches. The problem with doing a full search is
that there's A LOT of users on the live website. Even Ryans are a
population unto themselves.

But give it a try now and let me know.

Best regards, Martin Owens

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

C R
Cool, both seem to be working now. It appears I can only invite one
person though. The search bar is replaced with "You sent your
invitation to Ryan Gorley". Is that intentional?

-C

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 07:40 +0100, C R wrote:
>> Search is broken in a few ways:
>> 1. Tried a search for Ryan, and it omitted Ryan Gorley.
>> 2. When the search turns up no results, it does not say that no
>> results were found, it just reloads the page.
>> 3. Searched for Lazur, and it found them, but then clicking on
>> "Invite Lazur" just took me to their profile page.
>>
>> So I'm presently unable to nominate people to stand.
>
> Thanks CR,
>
> This should be fixed now, I've made it more capable and tried to
> account for a few searches. The problem with doing a full search is
> that there's A LOT of users on the live website. Even Ryans are a
> population unto themselves.
>
> But give it a try now and let me know.
>
> Best regards, Martin Owens

Re: Election Inkscape Vectors Team: Nominations

Ryan Gorley-2
Based upon Martin's prior explanation, I think one is only able to nominate a single person.

I think the bigger question is whether if I should lose an election to the team I already belong to a hole will open in the fabric of space-time.

Ryan Gorley
Managing Partner | Dijt