Quantcast

Error with PNG export

Christian Budde
Hello,

with the latest win64 developer versions (r15615 and r15412) it's not
possible for me to export SVG to PNGs any more.

While I haven't been able to debug it, I can only provide the error
message, which reads something like this:

"Could not export file [filename]" (where filename is the filename I
specified)

(In fact the error message is in German and originally reads "Konnte
nicht als Datei [FileName] exportieren,")

I'm not sure if it's just my system or whether this affects all
versions, but I thought I should let you know.

Kind regards,

        Christian

Re: Error with PNG export

Christian Budde
Hello again,

just tried some of the other versions as well (r15546 and r15536). Still
no luck with the png export :-(

Also it doesn't work if I want to save the SVG as PNG. In that case the
vectors are exported fine, but the embedded bitmap remains missing.

Maybe this helps...

Re: Error with PNG export

Marc Jeanmougin
Hi,

this errors appears for me when I don't have write permissions to the
given directory. Do you have the possibility to create a file with this
name, of this size, in that directory ?

Mc

On 04/15/2017 01:03 PM, Christian-W. Budde wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> just tried some of the other versions as well (r15546 and r15536). Still
> no luck with the png export :-(
>
> Also it doesn't work if I want to save the SVG as PNG. In that case the
> vectors are exported fine, but the embedded bitmap remains missing.
>
> Maybe this helps...

Re: Error with PNG export

Christian Budde
Hello,

it's regardless what SVG I export to PNG. Even an export of an empty SVG
results in that error.

It's also regardless where I save the file. It's always the same error.

Since the error message is not very precise, I would suggest to improve
the error messages to display more meaningful errors.

Can someone verifies that this feature fails in their Win64 installation
perhaps? Eventually someone who has debugging enabled?

Thanks in advance,

        Christian