Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

Andrew Kurn
Please find a new extension, clonesp (short for clonesPerspective).

This is an Inkscape extension that clones an object. It makes multiple clones that shrink toward a vanishing point, necessary for a perspective drawing.

Andrew

Re: Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

alvinpenner
sorry, but where is this extension located? do you have a link?

Alvin

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-User-f2857977.html

Re: Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

Victor Westmann
If you could store this one close to the last one you published, in a zip package, maybe that could make discoverability of them (and maintenace) easier. :)

I can give a little help in writing Windows extensions info if needed. ;)

Thanks,

On Sat  7 Jul 2018 02:59 -0700, alvinpenner wrote:

> sorry, but where is this extension located? do you have a link?
>
> Alvin

Sure.

https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=extension/?order=-edited

This is the part of the gallery devoted to extensions.  When ordered
by most recent, mine shows up first.

On Sat  7 Jul 2018 08:29 -0700, Victor Westmann wrote:

> If you could store this one close to the last one you published, in a zip
> package, maybe that could make discoverability of them (and maintenace)
> easier. :)
>
> I can give a little help in writing Windows extensions info if needed. ;)

Um. I seem to have the wrong idea about where people look for extensions.
I figured the gallery

https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/

would be the key place.  You will see that that is where I directed Alvin.

If you would rather I pay more attention to SourceForge, I will, but I
have been thinking of it as secondary.

Again, I ask:  Can you not contribute to the SourceForge Wiki?

I've been assuming that a wiki is a wiki, but maybe SourceForge sets them
up differently.

Am 07.07.2018 um 22:04 schrieb Andrew Kurn:

> On Sat  7 Jul 2018 02:59 -0700, alvinpenner wrote:
>>
>> sorry, but where is this extension located? do you have a link?
>>
>> Alvin
>>

> Sure.
>
> https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/=extension/?order=-edited
>
> This is the part of the gallery devoted to extensions.  When ordered
> by most recent, mine shows up first.

Direct link, for those who read this later:
https://inkscape.org/en/~kurn/%E2%98%85clonesp

 Maren

> Andrew

Re: Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

alvinpenner
thanks for the links.
I have tried the extension, but have not been able to get any useful action
out of it.
attached is a drawing for testing.
- when I try it on the Bezier curve, I get the message "Center of rotation
at center of object", and nothing happens.
- if I move the center of the object, then I get the error message: "Not
found:  path3713 in "

any ideas of what needs to be done?
Windows 10, Inkscape 0.92.3 (2405546, 2018-03-11)
Alvin

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-User-f2857977.html

Re: Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

alvinpenner
forgot the file... testclone.svg
<http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/file/t148043/testclone.svg>

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-User-f2857977.html

Re: Extension -- clones to a vanishing point

Victor Westmann
Hi Andrew,

For sure. I can help with the wiki on the Windows platform.

Do you have the link of it? :)

On Sat  7 Jul 2018 14:44 -0700, alvinpenner wrote:

> thanks for the links.
> I have tried the extension, but have not been able to get any useful action
> out of it.
> attached is a drawing for testing.
> - when I try it on the Bezier curve, I get the message "Center of rotation
> at center of object", and nothing happens.

This was mentioned in the doc

> - if I move the center of the object, then I get the error message: "Not
> found:  path3713 in "
>
> any ideas of what needs to be done?

When I try it, I don't get any error msg, but it places the clones wrong,
so I've got some kind of bug.  I didn't test it with splines.

Please stand by while I work on it.

Andrew