Facing an error

Kanika Murarka
Hi,

I have been using Inkscape for a year now. I am facing some error.
[1]Error in terminal
[2]Error video

But I am not able to reproduce the bug.

Re: Facing an error

Brynn
The video doesn't seem to be working.

Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about the terminal.  But if you can
explain what you're doing on the canvas, what you expect to happen, what
actually happens, any error messages on the canvas, then more people will
potentially be able to help.

Providing the SVG file might help as well.

Oh....well, unless what you're doing with Inkscape, you're using the commandline
only.  Then someone who understands commandline issues will need to help.

I have been using Inkscape for a year now. I am facing some error.
[1]Error in terminal
[2]Error video

But I am not able to reproduce the bug.

[1]
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/B~h3wV2FkqnazItE9emED15M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE=/deactivate/743Oyuc47IKX8IE6rOidmaIaJQofApHW3jzPdnFj8CuRtbrFhKGcmulIMsNoTLX2

[2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Kn8Ot1oauKallfdThYLUNKeUk

Thanks
Kanika (a2batic)

Re: Facing an error

Jabier Arraiza
Hi.

I notice the final path is not created.

You are using last applied as shape, you know what shape is used
previously?

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 07:07 -0600, brynn wrote:

> The video doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about the terminal.  But
> if you can
> explain what you're doing on the canvas, what you expect to happen,
> what
> actually happens, any error messages on the canvas, then more people
> will
> potentially be able to help.
>
> Providing the SVG file might help as well.
>
> Oh....well, unless what you're doing with Inkscape, you're using the
> commandline
> only.  Then someone who understands commandline issues will need to
> help.
>
> All best,
> brynn

Re: Facing an error

Kanika Murarka
Hey,

@brynn @jabier I was trying to create a path, I had already created a gradient. I just pressed 'clean the document' option in the file menu once or twice before trying to make a path on document. When I tried to complete the path, the path was disappearing
and giving this error in terminal.

Thanks
Kanika

On 21 March 2017 at 19:07, Jabier Arraiza <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

I notice the final path is not created.

You are using last applied as shape, you know what shape is used
previously?

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 07:07 -0600, brynn wrote:
> The video doesn't seem to be working.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about the terminal.  But
> if you can
> explain what you're doing on the canvas, what you expect to happen,
> what
> actually happens, any error messages on the canvas, then more people
> will
> potentially be able to help.
>
> Providing the SVG file might help as well.
>
> Oh....well, unless what you're doing with Inkscape, you're using the
> commandline
> only.  Then someone who understands commandline issues will need to
> help.
>
> All best,
> brynn

Re: Facing an error

Jabier Arraiza

Hi Kanika.

Could you try without "last applied" shape? Seems previous path is bend
path without nothing in the clipboard, or clipboard is erased by clean
document... this seems a bug but we need more info to fix it as brynn
suggest.

If you provide a step by step from a clean doc I could try to fix.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 18:48 +0530, Kanika Murarka wrote:

> Hey,
>
> @brynn @jabier I was trying to create a path, I had already created a
> gradient. I just pressed 'clean the document' option in the file menu
> once
> or twice before trying to make a path on document. When I tried to
> complete
> the path, the path was disappearing
> and giving this error in terminal.
>
> Thanks
> Kanika
>
> On 21 March 2017 at 19:07, Jabier Arraiza <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I notice the final path is not created.
> >
> > You are using last applied as shape, you know what shape is used
> > previously?
> >
> > Cheers, Jabier.
> >

> > On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 07:07 -0600, brynn wrote:
> > > The video doesn't seem to be working.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I don't understand anything about the
> > > terminal.  But
> > > if you can
> > > explain what you're doing on the canvas, what you expect to
> > > happen,
> > > what
> > > actually happens, any error messages on the canvas, then more
> > > people
> > > will
> > > potentially be able to help.
> > >
> > > Providing the SVG file might help as well.
> > >
> > > Oh....well, unless what you're doing with Inkscape, you're using
> > > the
> > > commandline
> > > only.  Then someone who understands commandline issues will need
> > > help.
> > >
> > > All best,
> > > brynn

Re: Facing an error

Kanika Murarka
Thanks Jabier, I tried, but I am not able to reproduce the error.