Forum Notice (www.inkscapeforum.com)

doctormo
The new forum is up and we've been asked to host a proxy for the
inkscapeforum.com, it's a way for inkscape.org to add a small notice to
the website at inkscapeforum.com

Once we know we have the message right, and we're in a consensus that
it'd be ok to add this message without disrupting the community there.
We can go ahead and point the inkscapeoforum.com domain name at the
inkscape.org machine (the proxy will take care of the rest)

So our proxy is set up and ready, if you want to see this live, you'll
need to add inkscapeforum.com to your /etc/hosts file, pointing it at
the inkscape.org server. If not, I'm attaching a screenshot so you can
see what it will look like.

The question to answer is:

 1. Is the message ok? Do you have any suggestions?
 2. Do you see any moral problems with having this link?

Best Regards, Martin Owens
Website Administrator

Screenshot from 2019-08-17 19-30-02.png (271K) Download Attachment

Re: Forum Notice (www.inkscapeforum.com)

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
Short and sweet. Looks great to me. I assume it hyperlinks (?).

On August 17, 2019 5:31:52 PM Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The new forum is up and we've been asked to host a proxy for the
> inkscapeforum.com, it's a way for inkscape.org to add a small notice to
> the website at inkscapeforum.com
>
> Once we know we have the message right, and we're in a consensus that
> it'd be ok to add this message without disrupting the community there.
> We can go ahead and point the inkscapeoforum.com domain name at the
> inkscape.org machine (the proxy will take care of the rest)
>
> So our proxy is set up and ready, if you want to see this live, you'll
> need to add inkscapeforum.com to your /etc/hosts file, pointing it at
> the inkscape.org server. If not, I'm attaching a screenshot so you can
> see what it will look like.
>
> The question to answer is:
>
> 1. Is the message ok? Do you have any suggestions?
> 2. Do you see any moral problems with having this link?
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
> Website Administrator

Re: Forum Notice (www.inkscapeforum.com)

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
(except the "official" typo) :)

On Sat, 2019-08-17 at 20:06 -0600, Ryan Gorley wrote:
> (except the "official" typo) :)

Fixed! thanks Ryan.