Fw: Inkscape export error

Shlomi Fish
Dear all,

please freaking reply to the list. See:

*
http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/netiquette/email/reply-to-list.html

Best,

        Shlomi

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 21:52:30 +0200
From: Tomax63 <[hidden email]>
To: Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Inkscape-devel] Inkscape export error

Yes i am programming in Pythom 3. How can I solve that problem?

Am 01.10.2017 um 19:42 schrieb Shlomi Fish:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 09:02:02 +0200
> Tomax63 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I receive the following message:
>>
>>    File "synfig_output.py", line 396
>>       raise AssertionError, "Unsupported param type %s" % (param_type)
>>                           ^
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>
>> Whenever I try to export a file.
>>
> the problem appears to be that you are using Python 3 (which isn't yet
> supported) to run the python code instead of python 2.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shlomi
>
>> Same with HP plot file
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File "plt_output.py", line 25, in <module>
>>       from uniconv_output import run, get_command
>>     File "D:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\uniconv_output.py",
>> line 66
>>       except Exception, inst:
>>                       ^
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>
>> Can you help me export to Synfig?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Thomas

Re: Fw: Inkscape export error

Maren Hachmann
You'd need to have Python 2.7 installed.

If on Windows, you can add that during installation, it will be
available for Inkscape only, as far as I know, and will not mess up your
system Python version - then you don't need to do anything else.

If you install the Python system-wide, or have it installed elsewhere,
then in the preferences file, you can define which Python to use.
In that case follow the instructions given here:
https://answers.launchpad.net/inkscape/+question/215655#comment-2

Maren

Am 01.10.2017 um 21:58 schrieb Shlomi Fish:

> Dear all,
>
> please freaking reply to the list. See:
>
> *
> http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/netiquette/email/reply-to-list.html
>
> Best,
>
> Shlomi
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 21:52:30 +0200
> From: Tomax63 <[hidden email]>
> To: Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Inkscape-devel] Inkscape export error
>

> Yes i am programming in Pythom 3. How can I solve that problem?
>

> Am 01.10.2017 um 19:42 schrieb Shlomi Fish:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 09:02:02 +0200
>> Tomax63 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I receive the following message:
>>>
>>>    File "synfig_output.py", line 396
>>>       raise AssertionError, "Unsupported param type %s" % (param_type)
>>>                           ^
>>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>
>>> Whenever I try to export a file.
>>>
>> the problem appears to be that you are using Python 3 (which isn't yet
>> supported) to run the python code instead of python 2.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Shlomi
>>
>>> Same with HP plot file
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>     File "plt_output.py", line 25, in <module>
>>>       from uniconv_output import run, get_command
>>>     File "D:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\uniconv_output.py",
>>> line 66
>>>       except Exception, inst:
>>>                       ^
>>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax