Quantcast

GSoC - Development Project Management System

GSoC - Development Project Management System

Gurdit Singh Bedi
Hello,

I am Gurdit Singh Bedi. I am a 3rd Year student pursuing B.Tech Computer Science. I have worked with many language, mostly python and java. Recently over the past one year, I been developing websites. The most recent one is a Virtual Finance website, hosted on http://vfinance.herokuapp.com.

"Development Project Management System" is the work to which I want to contribute this summer. I have gone through the specification of the work. I have checked the inkscape-web repository on launchpad and gitlab as well, I have started searching for bugs and patches to fix.

So to get started, how can I proceed?

Re: GSoC - Development Project Management System

Maren Hachmann
Hi Gurdit Singh Bedi,

I'm Maren, and helping (a little) with work on the Inkscape website,
mainly by trying to make sure it's translatable and translated, and to
manage the bug reports.

To install the website on your computer, follow the instructions in the
Wiki (note: it will only fully run on a Linux system, so if you're on
Windows or macOS, you may want to set up a virtual machine first):
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/WebSite#Website_Development

If you run into a problem setting up the website, send a message to the
mailing list (usually, we use the docs mailing list for website stuff)
or create a new issue at gitlab.
I assume that, if they're available, doctormo (webmaster) and/or bryce
(in his function as potential mentor for the funded projects system),
will also be there to help.

Was there any one of our bug reports that sparked your interest? If so,
you could post a message on it (no matter whether on lp or gitlab), and
ask for more specific guidance there.