GSoC project feedback request

Alex Roman
Hi everybody!

I just finished my GSoC project "SVG 2 Text Support" and it would be great if you can help me with a feedback. This is the link of the GitLab repository: [1], and here is the final report of my work: [2].

Before I can merge my work to the official Inkscape's trunk, I need to do a lot of testing and debugging so it would be a great help if you can help me with that. Basically, everything that it is related to the text tool and seems to be an issue, you can alert in the issues tab of the repository.

Thank you very much!

Alexandru

Re: GSoC project feedback request

Boudewijn Rempt
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017, Alex Roman wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I just finished my GSoC project "SVG 2 Text Support" and it would be great
> if you can help me with a feedback. This is the link of the GitLab
> repository: [1] <https://gitlab.com/AlexRoman/inkscape>, and here is the
> final report of my work: [2]
> <https://gitlab.com/AlexRoman/inkscape/blob/master/README>.

Cool, I'll try to build it today :-)

> Before I can merge my work to the official Inkscape's trunk, I need to do a
> lot of testing and debugging so it would be a great help if you can help me
> with that. Basically, everything that it is related to the text tool and
> seems to be an issue, you can alert in the issues tab of the repository.

And test it, and see what I can crib for Krita's svg2 text tool :P

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org

Re: GSoC project feedback request

Alex Roman
Great! Thank you very much!

Please let me know if you find something strange or you have problems building the project.

Alexandru

Re: GSoC project feedback request

Hi Alex.

Trying to get a diff from your code, I have problems with gitlab dont
allow it. I only want to get the diff. This is not possible currently
in gitlab so:

A sugesstion to forks:
Create a fork but code over a descriptive branch to allow comparsions
with your inkscape master from gitlab without fetching the code...

Cheers, Jabier.

I am a really beginner with git and I am afraid I can not do what you pointed me out.. But Mc suggested me as an alternative to create a merge request. Here is the result: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/75

Alexandru

Re: GSoC project feedback request

Jabier Arraiza
This is perfect. Thanks!