Generate G-Code from Inkscape.

aclv
Hi,
I am new to Inkscape.

I have been trying to generate Gcode from Inkscape but not having much luck.  I have a CNC machine and trying to get the Inkscape to work for gcode.

1. Help About - Inkscape 0.92
2. Create Text in the Document area. - "this is a test"
3. Select the Arrow tool and make sure you have the sizing arrow around the "this is a test" message.
4. Extensions - GCodeTools - Path to GCode - Preferences
    a. Set the file name, Directory
    b. Apply

Nothing is Generated

Thanks for any help
Michael

Re: Generate G-Code from Inkscape.

Brynn
Hi Michael,
        Some CNC or other cutting machines can use text.  But others can only
use vector paths.  Try selecting the text, and click Path menu > Union. (That
will change the text to paths.  However, note that it is not reversible.  Make
sure the text is perfect before you convert to paths.)