Quantcast

Greetings for GSoC '17 & Some Help Required

Greetings for GSoC '17 & Some Help Required

Nashmia Riaz

Hello 😊

My name is Nashmia Riaz and I’m writing to you from Islamabad, Pakistan. I’m currently in my third year of university, where I’m majoring in Software Engineering. I am a graphic designer as well and was introduced to Inkscape when I first got into designing, and I’ve been very fond of the simplicity and functionalities it has to offer. I plan on submitting my proposal for GSoC ’17 very soon.

I’m having some trouble getting around the source files of Inkscape. Is there any documentation or help manual that can help me manoeuvre my way around the code? Anything that can tell me which functions and pieces of code are located where? I want to get started on improving the CSS Style Sheet Support, so any help would be great.

Also, as far as the bug fixes are concerned, how can I communicate fixes to the Inkscape team?

Best regards,

Nashmia Riaz

Re: Greetings for GSoC '17 & Some Help Required

Tavmjong Bah
On Fri, 2017-03-24 at 21:03 +0000, Nashmia Riaz wrote:

Hello 😊

My name is Nashmia Riaz and I’m writing to you from Islamabad, Pakistan. I’m currently in my third year of university, where I’m majoring in Software Engineering. I am a graphic designer as well and was introduced to Inkscape when I first got into designing, and I’ve been very fond of the simplicity and functionalities it has to offer. I plan on submitting my proposal for GSoC ’17 very soon.

We'll be looking forward to it!

I’m having some trouble getting around the source files of Inkscape. Is there any documentation or help manual that can help me manoeuvre my way around the code? Anything that can tell me which functions and pieces of code are located where? I want to get started on improving the CSS Style Sheet Support, so any help would be great.

Inkscape developer documentation is in pretty poor state. Much is missing or outdated. Here are some places to look:

Don't hesitate to ask questions here or on irc.

Also, as far as the bug fixes are concerned, how can I communicate fixes to the Inkscape team?

Email this list with a patch or add it to a bug report.

Good luck!

Tav