Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

12

Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Tobias Ellinghaus
Hello,

on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
some places where to go and came up with the following selection:

- a typical local place with local food and good beer:
  http://www.der-stiefel.de/

- Mexican food:
  https://www.cafe-especial.com/

There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest the
Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to know
soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?

Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Maren Hachmann
Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!

I've got an additional question to ask:

Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and Alex:

Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:

> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest the
> Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to know
> soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Felipe Sanches-2
I want to join this! And I will likely bring with me two other people form the Google Fonts team.

Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:44, Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!

I've got an additional question to ask:

Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and Alex:

Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest the
> Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to know
> soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
Felipe, that's nice!

Can you clarify if you mean joining the dinner, or joining the Hackfest,
please?

Thanks!

Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 16:47 schrieb Felipe Sanches:

> I want to join this! And I will likely bring with me two other people
> form the Google Fonts team.
>
> Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:44, Maren Hachmann
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> escreveu:
>
>     Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!
>
>     I've got an additional question to ask:
>
>     Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and
>     Alex:
>
>     Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)
>
>     Kind Regards,
>      Maren
>
>     Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was
>     asked to find
>     > some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>     >
>     > - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>     >   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>     >
>     > - Mexican food:
>     >   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>     >
>     > There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd
>     suggest the
>     > Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need
>     to know
>     > soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>     >
>     > Tobias
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
>     >

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Felipe Sanches-2
the dinner! :-D

Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:52, maren via Inkscape-devel <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Felipe, that's nice!

Can you clarify if you mean joining the dinner, or joining the Hackfest,
please?

Thanks!

Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 16:47 schrieb Felipe Sanches:
> I want to join this! And I will likely bring with me two other people
> form the Google Fonts team.
>
> Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:44, Maren Hachmann
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> escreveu:
>
>     Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!
>
>     I've got an additional question to ask:
>
>     Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and
>     Alex:
>
>     Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)
>
>     Kind Regards,
>      Maren
>
>     Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was
>     asked to find
>     > some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>     >
>     > - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>     >   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>     >
>     > - Mexican food:
>     >   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>     >
>     > There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd
>     suggest the
>     > Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need
>     to know
>     > soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>     >
>     > Tobias
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > _______________________________________________
>     > Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
>     >

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Felipe Sanches-2
Even though I participated in Inkscape development in the past, I will be more focused on FontBakery development during LGM.
But it will be fun to meet the Inkscape devs once again for dinner, for sure!

Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 15:01, Felipe Sanches <[hidden email]> escreveu:
the dinner! :-D

Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:52, maren via Inkscape-devel <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Felipe, that's nice!

Can you clarify if you mean joining the dinner, or joining the Hackfest,
please?

Thanks!

Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 16:47 schrieb Felipe Sanches:
> I want to join this! And I will likely bring with me two other people
> form the Google Fonts team.
>
> Em ter, 14 de mai de 2019 às 14:44, Maren Hachmann
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> escreveu:
>
>     Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!
>
>     I've got an additional question to ask:
>
>     Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and
>     Alex:
>
>     Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)
>
>     Kind Regards,
>      Maren
>
>     Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was
>     asked to find
>     > some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>     >
>     > - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>     >   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>     >
>     > - Mexican food:
>     >   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>     >
>     > There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd
>     suggest the
>     > Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need
>     to know
>     > soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>     >
>     > Tobias
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > _______________________________________________
>     > Inkscape-devel mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
>     >

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Goot date! +1. Thanks Tobias for work on it!

Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!

I've got an additional question to ask:

Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and
Alex:

Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:

> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked
> to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd
> suggest the
> Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to
> know
> soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
I will be there as well, I arrive in Saarbruecken the 26th. And a place that brews its own beer is always appealing :-)

https://www.krita.org

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Maren Hachmann
Boudewijn, same question for you: will you be there during the Hackfest,
too? I need to let Aude know how many persons there are, and in the
Wiki, you haven't entered dates yet.

Thanks!

 Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 17:34 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt via Inkscape-devel:

> I will be there as well, I arrive in Saarbruecken the 26th. And a place that brews its own beer is always appealing :-)
>
> On dinsdag 14 mei 2019 16:41:37 CEST Maren Hachmann wrote:
>> Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!
>>
>> I've got an additional question to ask:
>>
>> Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and Alex:
>>
>> Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>  Maren
>>
>> Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
>>> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>>>
>>> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>>>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>>>
>>> - Mexican food:
>>>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>>>
>>> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest the
>>> Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to know
>>> soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>>>
>>> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Marc Jeanmougin
I should be there :)

On dinsdag 14 mei 2019 20:55:03 CEST Maren Hachmann wrote:
> Boudewijn, same question for you: will you be there during the Hackfest,
> too? I need to let Aude know how many persons there are, and in the
> Wiki, you haven't entered dates yet.

Ah, that's because when I entered my attendance, those columns didn't exist yet! There was just who, and whether travel/acco assistance would be needed :-)

> Thanks!
>
>  Maren
>
> Am 14.05.19 um 17:34 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt via Inkscape-devel:
> > I will be there as well, I arrive in Saarbruecken the 26th. And a place that brews its own beer is always appealing :-)
> >
> > On dinsdag 14 mei 2019 16:41:37 CEST Maren Hachmann wrote:
> >> Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!
> >>
> >> I've got an additional question to ask:
> >>
> >> Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and Alex:
> >>
> >> Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)
> >>
> >> Kind Regards,
> >>  Maren

https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Thomas Holder
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 4:43 PM Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

I will make it. Thanks Tobias for organizing!

Cheers,
  Thomas

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Alex Valavanis-3
The date works for me.  Many thanks for organizing!

AV

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 21:50, Thomas Holder <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 4:43 PM Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

I will make it. Thanks Tobias for organizing!

Cheers,
  Thomas

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Tobias Ellinghaus
Hello again,

I booked a table for the 28th for 20:00 o'clock in the Stiefel [0] for about
13 people.

Tobias

[0] For those that understand the website, the venue consists of two
restaurants, I booked the less fancy one. I hope no one was hoping for salmon,
shrimp or snails. :-)

Am Dienstag, 14. Mai 2019, 11:28:40 CEST schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:

> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest
> the Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to
> know soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Jabier Arraiza
Thanks Tobias!

I booked a table for the 28th for 20:00 o'clock in the Stiefel [0] for
about
13 people.

Tobias

[0] For those that understand the website, the venue consists of two
restaurants, I booked the less fancy one. I hope no one was hoping for
salmon,
shrimp or snails. :-)

Am Dienstag, 14. Mai 2019, 11:28:40 CEST schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:

> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked
> to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd
> suggest
> the Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I
> need to
> know soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Maximilian Gaukler
Hi everyone,

I'll be there at Hackfest and dinner. Thank you for organizing!

Sorry for not responding earlier.

See you,

Max

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Dwain Alford
hello hackfesters,
enjoy your time in saarbruecken (can't get an umlaut in this text editor, sorry). wish i could be there to experience the dinner and your company. i have been following and using inkscape since i was made aware over a decade ago of open source software. i work primarily on a mac now. i am looking forward very much to the next mac version. i currently run valerio's github version. love it! loads faster than the "official" version did.

keep up the good work! have a great time and be safe.

greetings,
dwain

Re: Hackfest dinner in Saarbrücken

Jürgen Weigert
Yes, I'll be there! Dinner, Hackfest, LGM, and everywhere...
Thanks for organizing.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

cheers, JW-

PS: Those mails scroll by so fast these days, sorry for not catching this earlier.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 4:44 PM Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for taking up that task and investigating, Tobias!

I've got an additional question to ask:

Mihaela, Jabier, Marc, Elisa, Cédric, Thomas, Jürgen, René, Max and Alex:

Is the date a good choice for you (i.e. will you make it?)

Kind Regards,
 Maren

Am 14.05.19 um 11:28 schrieb Tobias Ellinghaus:
> Hello,
>
> on Tuesday, 28th of Mai, the hackfest dinner is planned. I was asked to find
> some places where to go and came up with the following selection:
>
> - a typical local place with local food and good beer:
>   http://www.der-stiefel.de/
>
> - Mexican food:
>   https://www.cafe-especial.com/
>
> There are a ton of other places in that area of the city, but I'd suggest the
> Stiefel. If you want me to book a table for about 15 people I need to know
> soon. I'd also need to know a time, maybe 19:30 or 20:00?
>
> Tobias

pre-Hackfest dinner at Sunday evening?

Maximilian Gaukler
Hi everyone,

since ~6 people will arrive at the evening before the Hackfest:

Who is interested in meeting at some restaurant at Sunday 26th evening,
maybe 7 PM,  to have a drink and (if you like) something to eat?

As soon as I have some replies, I will look for a restaurant in central
Saarbrücken and reserve a table. If you have any preferences for a
restaurant, let me know.

See you,

Max

Re: pre-Hackfest dinner at Sunday evening?

Tobias Ellinghaus
Am Samstag, 25. Mai 2019, 13:14:41 CEST schrieb Maximilian Gaukler:

> Hi everyone,
>
> since ~6 people will arrive at the evening before the Hackfest:
>
> Who is interested in meeting at some restaurant at Sunday 26th evening,
> maybe 7 PM,  to have a drink and (if you like) something to eat?
>
> As soon as I have some replies, I will look for a restaurant in central
> Saarbrücken and reserve a table. If you have any preferences for a
> restaurant, let me know.
I am in.

> See you,
>
> Max