Hackfest location confirmed?

C R
Hey everyone. Working on the sticker for the Boston hackfest.
Did we ever get confirmation on the location? The page still says,
RedHat Boston Office, but did we ever confirm? I'd like to include the
location on the swag stickers.

Thanks!

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

doctormo
On Sat, 2018-01-20 at 12:57 +0000, C R wrote:
> Hey everyone. Working on the sticker for the Boston hackfest.
> Did we ever get confirmation on the location? The page still says,
> RedHat Boston Office, but did we ever confirm? I'd like to include
> the
> location on the swag stickers.

It is confirmed!

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Máirín Duffy
If you need any help w Red Hat brand elements let me know!

Cheers,
~m

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

On Sat, 2018-01-20 at 12:57 +0000, C R wrote:
> Hey everyone. Working on the sticker for the Boston hackfest.
> Did we ever get confirmation on the location? The page still says,
> RedHat Boston Office, but did we ever confirm? I'd like to include
> the
> location on the swag stickers.

It is confirmed!

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Inkscape - Dev mailing list

I've drafted up a short announcement and am looking for feedback here: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/content/issues/11

Máirín is there anything else you think we should do to give Red Hat due appreciation for hosting this?

Ryan Gorley
Founder + Creative Director

https://dijt.co

On 01/20/2018 03:41 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
If you need any help w Red Hat brand elements let me know!

Cheers,
~m

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

On Sat, 2018-01-20 at 12:57 +0000, C R wrote:
> Hey everyone. Working on the sticker for the Boston hackfest.
> Did we ever get confirmation on the location? The page still says,
> RedHat Boston Office, but did we ever confirm? I'd like to include
> the
> location on the swag stickers.

It is confirmed!

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Brynn
Is the mini-hackfest definite?  Should it say "planned" instead of "will be..."
?

In one place it says "We'll dine informally in the evenings."  And in another
"An informal dinner will be held one night. TBA."  Maybe the informal group
dinner should have a slightly different description?  Maybe "organized dinner"?

On the wiki page, I see "User Participation Day"?  What is that?  Is there any
other way for users to participate, besides going there?  Even if I could pay my
own way, my health prevents travelling.

Above comments posted to the Issue.  Still posting here, mostly because of the
question about user participation (since most users don't visit gitlab).

On Sat, 2018-01-20 at 12:57 +0000, C R wrote:
> Hey everyone. Working on the sticker for the Boston hackfest.
> Did we ever get confirmation on the location? The page still says,
> RedHat Boston Office, but did we ever confirm? I'd like to include
> the
> location on the swag stickers.

It is confirmed!

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

C R
At LGM a few years back we arranged a room to meet, but also mini hackfests popped up on the stairs too. The venue was really open though and the beanbags and plugs everywhere really helped. It would probably be a good idea to try and book a talk room at LGM for a mini-meet.

Otherwise impromptu locations can be determined and invites handed out to people on the spot via word of mouth  email & sticker. :)

Thoughts?

-----Original Message----- From: Ryan Gorley via Inkscape-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

On 01/20/2018 09:59 PM, Ryan Gorley wrote:
> I've drafted up a short announcement and am looking for feedback here:
> https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/content/issues/11
>
> Máirín is there anything else you think we should do to give Red Hat due
> appreciation for hosting this?

Sorry for the super late reply, somehow this didn't catch my attention
originally.

 From my end that looks completely fine, and we're quite happy to have you.

Cheers,
~m

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Alex Valavanis-3
Hello All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work organising this.  I may be able to join you for the Boston Hackfest (if I'm invited!), although the Seville one is in term-time, so I'll have teaching commitments then.

I'd potentially be able to help with more Gtk+ 3 hacking and possibly the Python 3 extensions fixes.

AV

On 29 January 2018 at 12:31, Máirín Duffy <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 01/20/2018 09:59 PM, Ryan Gorley wrote:
I've drafted up a short announcement and am looking for feedback here: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/content/issues/11

Máirín is there anything else you think we should do to give Red Hat due appreciation for hosting this?

Sorry for the super late reply, somehow this didn't catch my attention originally.

From my end that looks completely fine, and we're quite happy to have you.

Cheers,
~m

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Tavmjong Bah
On Sun, 2018-02-11 at 13:48 +0000, Alex Valavanis wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Just wanted to say thanks for all the work organising this.  I may be
> able to join you for the Boston Hackfest (if I'm invited!), although
> the Seville one is in term-time, so I'll have teaching commitments
> then.
>
> I'd potentially be able to help with more Gtk+ 3 hacking and possibly
> the Python 3 extensions fixes.

Alex,

You don't need an invitation. It is open to every one. (Prior
registration is required this year due to RedHat needing to know who is
attending ahead of time.)

Support for travel is based on number of years of being part of the
Inkscape community and number of prior commitments to Inkscape... which
in your case is more than enough to qualify for the maximum amount.

I hope to see you there.

Tav

> AV
>
> On 29 January 2018 at 12:31, Máirín Duffy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 01/20/2018 09:59 PM, Ryan Gorley wrote:
> > > I've drafted up a short announcement and am looking for feedback
> > > here: https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/content/issues/11
> > >
> > > Máirín is there anything else you think we should do to give Red
> > > Hat due appreciation for hosting this?
> > >

> > Sorry for the super late reply, somehow this didn't catch my
> > attention originally.
> >
> > From my end that looks completely fine, and we're quite happy to
> > have you.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > ~m

Re: Hackfest location confirmed?

Alex Valavanis-3
Hi Tav,

I think I'm OK to get time off work then.  Is it too late to sign up?

AV

On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 18:08 +0000, Alex Valavanis wrote:
> Hi Tav,
>
> I think I'm OK to get time off work then.  Is it too late to sign up?

Not too late. Get yourself into the wiki.