Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Tavmjong Bah

Hi,

Marc has been looking for free spaces in Paris to hold a hackfest. He's
found what looks like an ideal spot:

Carrefour Numérique² located at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
 (an excellent modern science museum) in northeast Paris.

        http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr/accueil/

        http://www.cite-sciences.fr/en/explore/learn/carrefour-numeriqu
e2/

There are Inkscape users there and they've even written their own in-
house Inkscape plug-ins to drive their CNC machines. They've hosted
other open-source groups including a monthly Blender users group and
twice-a-year Ubuntu parties.

They can offer us a "Numeric classroom" with five tables with power and
wired Internet connection from May 29th to June 2nd.

The question is, is there sufficient developer interest to pursue this?

Please respond if you can attend. If there is enough interest I will
present this option at the board meeting Friday.

Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Martin Owens-2
Hi Tav,

This seems interesting. But the space is just the day time space right,
no place to sleep etc.

I'm interested if there's a pre-arranged place to stay. The last
hackfest had amazing day time space, but not good overnight places. And
I'm not really prepared to hunt for hotels or mess about in that
regard.

But it's a conditional yes.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 13:14 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Marc has been looking for free spaces in Paris to hold a hackfest.
> He's
> found what looks like an ideal spot:
>
> Carrefour Numérique² located at the Cité des Sciences et de
> l'Industrie
>  (an excellent modern science museum) in northeast Paris.
>
> http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr/accueil/
>
> http://www.cite-sciences.fr/en/explore/learn/carrefour-numeriqu
> e2/
>
> There are Inkscape users there and they've even written their own in-
> house Inkscape plug-ins to drive their CNC machines. They've hosted
> other open-source groups including a monthly Blender users group and
> twice-a-year Ubuntu parties.
>
> They can offer us a "Numeric classroom" with five tables with power
> and
> wired Internet connection from May 29th to June 2nd.
>
> The question is, is there sufficient developer interest to pursue
> this?
>
> Please respond if you can attend. If there is enough interest I will
> present this option at the board meeting Friday.
>
> Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Jabier Arraiza
Hi.

Thanks for panning it. I want to go. I also like more a unique house
for all who want it.

Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 08:20 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> Hi Tav,
>
> This seems interesting. But the space is just the day time space
> right,
> no place to sleep etc.
>
> I'm interested if there's a pre-arranged place to stay. The last
> hackfest had amazing day time space, but not good overnight places.
> And
> I'm not really prepared to hunt for hotels or mess about in that
> regard.
>
> But it's a conditional yes.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>
> On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 13:14 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Marc has been looking for free spaces in Paris to hold a hackfest.
> > He's
> > found what looks like an ideal spot:
> >
> > Carrefour Numérique² located at the Cité des Sciences et de
> > l'Industrie
> >  (an excellent modern science museum) in northeast Paris.
> >
> > http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr/accueil/
> >
> > http://www.cite-sciences.fr/en/explore/learn/carrefour-numeriqu
> > e2/
> >
> > There are Inkscape users there and they've even written their own
> > in-
> > house Inkscape plug-ins to drive their CNC machines. They've hosted
> > other open-source groups including a monthly Blender users group
> > and
> > twice-a-year Ubuntu parties.
> >
> > They can offer us a "Numeric classroom" with five tables with power
> > and
> > wired Internet connection from May 29th to June 2nd.
> >
> > The question is, is there sufficient developer interest to pursue
> > this?
> >
> > Please respond if you can attend. If there is enough interest I
> > will
> > present this option at the board meeting Friday.
> >
> > Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Frédéric Guimont
I would be interested to participate.

Frédéric Guimont
Consultant en logiciel libre | Québec, Qc
Bureau
<a style="color: #56b0c9; text-decoration: underline;" href="tel:+14185257354" data-mce-href="tel:+14185257354" data-mce-style="color: #56b0c9; text-decoration: underline;">(+1) 418 525-7354 p. : 362

Logo Ring d9396b8004d26120f1e948ac7a075ab7dd165077
tirait
Messages de confidentialité : Ce courriel (de même que les fichiers joints) est strictement réservé à l'usage de la personne ou de l'entité à qui il est adressé et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et confidentielle. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de ce courriel est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser sur-le-champ, détruire toutes les copies et le supprimer de votre système informatique.

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

C R
I'll come. Will bring coffee and camera like last time. There is a hotel on the hill which was both inexpensive and each room was decorated by a local artist. I'll dig up the info from my last holiday there if folks are interested.

On 4 Apr 2017 3:23 p.m., "Frédéric Guimont" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would be interested to participate.

Frédéric Guimont
Consultant en logiciel libre | Québec, Qc
Bureau
<a style="color:#56b0c9;text-decoration:underline" href="tel:+14185257354" target="_blank">(+1) 418 525-7354 p. : 362

Logo Ring d9396b8004d26120f1e948ac7a075ab7dd165077
tirait
Suivez-nous Facebook LinkedIn Twitter gitLab
Messages de confidentialité : Ce courriel (de même que les fichiers joints) est strictement réservé à l'usage de la personne ou de l'entité à qui il est adressé et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et confidentielle. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de ce courriel est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser sur-le-champ, détruire toutes les copies et le supprimer de votre système informatique.

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Please Respond ASAP if interested!

Jabier Arraiza
Great!

On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 17:06 +0100, C R wrote:

> I'll come. Will bring coffee and camera like last time. There is a
> hotel on
> the hill which was both inexpensive and each room was decorated by a
> local
> artist. I'll dig up the info from my last holiday there if folks are
> interested.
>
> On 4 Apr 2017 3:23 p.m., "Frédéric Guimont" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would be interested to participate.
> >
> > [image: Logo Savoir-faire Linux inc.]
> > Frédéric Guimont
> > Consultant en logiciel libre | Québec, Qc
> > Bureau
> > (+1) 418 525-7354 <+14185257354> p. : 362
> >
> > [image: Logo Ring] d9396b8004d26120f1e948ac7a075ab7dd165077
> > [image: tirait]
> > Site web <https://www.savoirfairelinux.com> | Blog
> > <https://blog.savoirfairelinux.com/fr-ca/> | Ring
> > <https://ring.cx/fr>
> > Suivez-nous [image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/savoirfaire
> > linux/> [image:
> > LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/savoir-faire-linux>
> > [image:
> > Twitter] <https://twitter.com/sflinux> [image: gitLab]
> > <https://gitlab.savoirfairelinux.com>
> > Messages de confidentialité : Ce courriel (de même que les fichiers
> > joints) est strictement réservé à l'usage de la personne ou de
> > l'entité à
> > qui il est adressé et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et
> > confidentielle. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de ce
> > courriel est
> > strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur,
> > veuillez
> > nous en aviser sur-le-champ, détruire toutes les copies et le
> > supprimer de
> > votre système informatique.
> >
> > ------------------------------

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra
Hi,

Me (elisa alias yemanjalisa) and cédric (alias pygmee) are interested in coming too.

We are on the doc team.

Great!

On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 17:06 +0100, C R wrote:
> I'll come. Will bring coffee and camera like last time. There is a
> hotel on
> the hill which was both inexpensive and each room was decorated by a
> local
> artist. I'll dig up the info from my last holiday there if folks are
> interested.
>
> On 4 Apr 2017 3:23 p.m., "Frédéric Guimont" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would be interested to participate.
> >
> > [image: Logo Savoir-faire Linux inc.]
> > Frédéric Guimont
> > Consultant en logiciel libre | Québec, Qc
> > Bureau
> >
> > [image: Logo Ring] d9396b8004d26120f1e948ac7a075ab7dd165077
> > [image: tirait]
> > Site web <https://www.savoirfairelinux.com> | Blog
> > <https://blog.savoirfairelinux.com/fr-ca/> | Ring
> > <https://ring.cx/fr>
> > Suivez-nous [image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/savoirfaire
> > linux/> [image:
> > LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/savoir-faire-linux>
> > [image:
> > Twitter] <https://twitter.com/sflinux> [image: gitLab]
> > <https://gitlab.savoirfairelinux.com>
> > Messages de confidentialité : Ce courriel (de même que les fichiers
> > joints) est strictement réservé à l'usage de la personne ou de
> > l'entité à
> > qui il est adressé et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et
> > confidentielle. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de ce
> > courriel est
> > strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur,
> > veuillez
> > nous en aviser sur-le-champ, détruire toutes les copies et le
> > supprimer de
> > votre système informatique.
> >
> > ------------------------------

Elisa de Castro Guerra

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Tavmjong Bah

Hi all,

Seven people have expressed interest in attending the proposed Paris
hackfest. The board members present at the Friday board meeting all
agreed there was sufficient interest to proceed (especially since the
hosts use Inkscape themselves). (We'll still need a formal board vote.)

One issue did come up. Kryzsztof can't come during our proposed date
but he can come later in the month... so question:

If the meeting place is available at the end of June (say 25th-30th),
can all the people who have expressed an interest in attending still
come? Please let me know ASAP.

Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Jabier Arraiza
Is good dates to me also.

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 04:01 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Seven people have expressed interest in attending the proposed Paris
> hackfest. The board members present at the Friday board meeting all
> agreed there was sufficient interest to proceed (especially since the
> hosts use Inkscape themselves). (We'll still need a formal board
> vote.)
>
> One issue did come up. Kryzsztof can't come during our proposed date
> but he can come later in the month... so question:
>
> If the meeting place is available at the end of June (say 25th-30th),
> can all the people who have expressed an interest in attending still
> come? Please let me know ASAP.
>
> Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Sylvain Chiron
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I would like to participate too —
a journey in Paris should be affordable.

Both times are convenient for me.

I have only touched docs, web and translations for now but I’d be happy
to discover the hard thing with the team.

Sylvain

Le 10/04/2017 à 10:06, Jabier Arraiza a écrit :

> Is good dates to me also.
>
> On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 04:01 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Seven people have expressed interest in attending the proposed Paris
>> hackfest. The board members present at the Friday board meeting all
>> agreed there was sufficient interest to proceed (especially since the
>> hosts use Inkscape themselves). (We'll still need a formal board
>> vote.)
>>
>> One issue did come up. Kryzsztof can't come during our proposed date
>> but he can come later in the month... so question:
>>
>> If the meeting place is available at the end of June (say 25th-30th),
>> can all the people who have expressed an interest in attending still
>> come? Please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

C R
Both times okay for me too.

On 10 Apr 2017 5:02 p.m., "Sylvain Chiron" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I would like to participate too —
a journey in Paris should be affordable.

Both times are convenient for me.

I have only touched docs, web and translations for now but I’d be happy
to discover the hard thing with the team.

Sylvain

Le 10/04/2017 à 10:06, Jabier Arraiza a écrit :
> Is good dates to me also.
>
> On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 04:01 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Seven people have expressed interest in attending the proposed Paris
>> hackfest. The board members present at the Friday board meeting all
>> agreed there was sufficient interest to proceed (especially since the
>> hosts use Inkscape themselves). (We'll still need a formal board
>> vote.)
>>
>> One issue did come up. Kryzsztof can't come during our proposed date
>> but he can come later in the month... so question:
>>
>> If the meeting place is available at the end of June (say 25th-30th),
>> can all the people who have expressed an interest in attending still
>> come? Please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> Tav

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra
Hi,

Ok for the dates.
We have children (Cédric and me), then we have to organize us.

Both times okay for me too.

On 10 Apr 2017 5:02 p.m., "Sylvain Chiron" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I would like to participate too —
a journey in Paris should be affordable.

Both times are convenient for me.

I have only touched docs, web and translations for now but I’d be happy
to discover the hard thing with the team.

Sylvain

Le 10/04/2017 à 10:06, Jabier Arraiza a écrit :
> Is good dates to me also.
>
> On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 04:01 +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Seven people have expressed interest in attending the proposed Paris
>> hackfest. The board members present at the Friday board meeting all
>> agreed there was sufficient interest to proceed (especially since the
>> hosts use Inkscape themselves). (We'll still need a formal board
>> vote.)
>>
>> One issue did come up. Kryzsztof can't come during our proposed date
>> but he can come later in the month... so question:
>>
>> If the meeting place is available at the end of June (say 25th-30th),
>> can all the people who have expressed an interest in attending still
>> come? Please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> Tav

Elisa de Castro Guerra

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

C R
Did we get a consensus for which dates we want?
Someone said there was a vote, but do we have the results yet?
The sooner I know, the sooner I can see about booking hotel space, etc.

Thanks.
-C

On Sat, 2017-04-29 at 20:15 +0100, C R wrote:
> Did we get a consensus for which dates we want?
> Someone said there was a vote, but do we have the results yet?
> The sooner I know, the sooner I can see about booking hotel space,
> etc.

Bryce just concluded the vote on the board list. Tav should be in touch
shortly (I hope) with details.

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Alex Valavanis-3
Hi All,

Was there a decision on the final date for this?  There's a chance I
may be able to attend once my students have left for the summer!

AV

On 29 April 2017 at 23:19, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2017-04-29 at 20:15 +0100, C R wrote:
>> Did we get a consensus for which dates we want?
>> Someone said there was a vote, but do we have the results yet?
>> The sooner I know, the sooner I can see about booking hotel space,
>> etc.
>
> Bryce just concluded the vote on the board list. Tav should be in touch
> shortly (I hope) with details.
>
> Martin,

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Tavmjong Bah

Hi Alex,

June 27th — July 1st. See:

 http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Hackfest2017

Hope you can make it!

Tav

On Fri, 2017-05-05 at 14:16 +0100, Alex Valavanis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Was there a decision on the final date for this?  There's a chance I
> may be able to attend once my students have left for the summer!
>
> AV

Re: Hackfest possibility - Paris Update

Martin Owens-2
Tav,

We've been awaiting some sort of nod from yourself about this hackfest
being set up. Is this a nod that it's all happening?

Martin,

On Sat, 2017-05-06 at 11:31 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Tav,
>
> We've been awaiting some sort of nod from yourself about this
> hackfest
> being set up. Is this a nod that it's all happening?

Yes, it is happening. We have confirmation from the host. I'll get out
a proper email ASAP.

Tav