Hackfest update

Máirín Duffy
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a heads up about a couple of things regarding the
hackfestsite -

- Onthe Monday, Red Hat is also going to host a SpinachCon event on the
other side of the space we'll be in. It's a 4 hour event (from 1-5 pm
IIRC) where free software projects can come and have their software
usability tested. The organizers (including Deb Nicholson) would be more
than happy to test Inkscape as part of the event if there's any interest
in that. If there are specific components you'd like tested, I can help
create a testing plan.

- There may be another co-hosted event in the morning on Monday, still
sorting the details out.

- On the Tuesday and Wednesday, Red Hat is also hosting an event that
will involve a workshop and hacking on amedical image processing system
that we're working on with Boston University and Boston Children's
Hospital. It's a really cool project. If anyone attending has an
interestin learning more, you are more than welcome to get involved.

I don't expect either event to be disruptive to the hackfest; it's a
large space and we have two floors and a variety of different areas to
work inand a lot of seating. I just wanted to let you know ahead of
time, especially in case you wanted to take advantage of SpinachCon
testing.If you have a preference towards the type of space you'd prefer
(large conference room with door; open meet up space; lounge-y type area
with couches and tables and chairs) I can note in our reservation now
that's the part we'd like for the Inkscape hackfest; if you're not sure
I can give youa tour when you get here on the Monday morning and we can
figure out which end of the office to claim.

Cheers,

~m

Re: Hackfest update

C R
Sounds like a good place to hand out inkscape stickers. :D

-C

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Máirín Duffy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I wanted to give you a heads up about a couple of things regarding the
> hackfestsite -
>
> - Onthe Monday, Red Hat is also going to host a SpinachCon event on the
> other side of the space we'll be in. It's a 4 hour event (from 1-5 pm
> IIRC) where free software projects can come and have their software
> usability tested. The organizers (including Deb Nicholson) would be more
> than happy to test Inkscape as part of the event if there's any interest
> in that. If there are specific components you'd like tested, I can help
> create a testing plan.
>
> - There may be another co-hosted event in the morning on Monday, still
> sorting the details out.
>
> - On the Tuesday and Wednesday, Red Hat is also hosting an event that
> will involve a workshop and hacking on amedical image processing system
> that we're working on with Boston University and Boston Children's
> Hospital. It's a really cool project. If anyone attending has an
> interestin learning more, you are more than welcome to get involved.
>
> I don't expect either event to be disruptive to the hackfest; it's a
> large space and we have two floors and a variety of different areas to
> work inand a lot of seating. I just wanted to let you know ahead of
> time, especially in case you wanted to take advantage of SpinachCon
> testing.If you have a preference towards the type of space you'd prefer
> (large conference room with door; open meet up space; lounge-y type area
> with couches and tables and chairs) I can note in our reservation now
> that's the part we'd like for the Inkscape hackfest; if you're not sure
> I can give youa tour when you get here on the Monday morning and we can
> figure out which end of the office to claim.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~m

Re: Hackfest update

On Mon, 2018-03-05 at 07:41 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I can note in our reservation now
> that's the part we'd like for the Inkscape hackfest; if you're not
> sure
> I can give youa tour when you get here on the Monday morning and we
> can
> figure out which end of the office to claim.

Thanks Máirín,

I think the other events won't be a problem at all.

I'd like to do a walk through with you before the Monday if you have
time. The idea is to nail down where we are going to be and what sorts
of arrangements I might need to make for snacks or drinks, any
equiptment we might need etc.

We like to hit the ground running with a meeting on the Monday.

Speaking of Mondays, the day before Monday is Sunday and in the evening
we'll be going to Grendel's Den for a social drink. Anyone who's flown
in and isn't fast asleep is welcome to join and I can round up people
from their hotels so we can go together. I'll ask on the day too, jet
lag is sometimes hard to predict.

Re: Hackfest update

Máirín Duffy
Hi Martin,

Sure, I'm generally around Mon-Wed; I'll be in tomorrow if you have time
then or next Mon-Wed would work.

~m

On 03/05/2018 08:54 AM, Martin Owens wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-03-05 at 07:41 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> I can note in our reservation now
>> that's the part we'd like for the Inkscape hackfest; if you're not
>> sure
>> I can give youa tour when you get here on the Monday morning and we
>> can
>> figure out which end of the office to claim.
> Thanks Máirín,
>
> I think the other events won't be a problem at all.
>
> I'd like to do a walk through with you before the Monday if you have
> time. The idea is to nail down where we are going to be and what sorts
> of arrangements I might need to make for snacks or drinks, any
> equiptment we might need etc.
>
> We like to hit the ground running with a meeting on the Monday.
>
> Speaking of Mondays, the day before Monday is Sunday and in the evening
> we'll be going to Grendel's Den for a social drink. Anyone who's flown
> in and isn't fast asleep is welcome to join and I can round up people
> from their hotels so we can go together. I'll ask on the day too, jet
> lag is sometimes hard to predict.

Re: Hackfest update

mihaela.jurkovic

Is there any overlap in devs/libs/interests between Inkscape and Android?

http://droidcon-boston.com/ March 26-27, 2018 Boston, Massachusetts

If yes you could invite some to visit the hackfest, make friends, *cough* recruit devs *cough*

Or with their kind support spread our leaflets on their event.

Mihaela