Help

Aditya Sher
Can  someone help me get started with inkscape, as in the dev side, any documentation on what prerequisites are reuqired for understandign and contributing to the code?

Re: Help

Martin Owens-2
Dear Aditya,

We can help, but we'll need to know some specifics about what you are
using.

Firstly, are you using a Linux computer, and if so, what kind. (Ubuntu,
Fedora etc) if you're using Windows or MacOSX then we'll have to get
help from specific people who are expert on those systems.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

On Fri, 2018-08-24 at 00:51 +0530, Aditya Sher wrote:

> Can  someone help me get started with inkscape, as in the dev side,
> any documentation on what prerequisites are reuqired for
> understandign and contributing to the code?

Re: Help

Marc Jeanmougin
Hi & welcome,

Some of the basics are covered on the website:

https://inkscape.org/en/develop/getting-started/

Can you tell us where you're stuck at ?

As for prerequisites, it's mostly plain C++/C++11, with GTK for the UI
parts.
It's also possible to chat on IRC if you have specific questions :)

--
Mc