How to get rid of groups' transform=translate()

How to get rid of groups' transform=translate()

Steve Litt
Hi all,

So I managed to get a line segment to route itself between 2 circles.
But if the 2 circles are in a group, and the group's been duped, the
circles have the same cx and cy and their group has a different
translate(). Ugh!

I have to dup groups because I want to input onclick, onmouseover,
onmouseout, and class only once on the group.

Does anyone know how a group's translate() can be incorporated into its
component paths' and circles' x and y or cx and cy so getting a
location is as simple as reading cx and cy, rather than doing all sorts
of arithmetic with the parent's translate()?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28

Re: How to get rid of groups' transform=translate()

Maren Hachmann
Hi Steve,

you can ungroup and regroup in place, to get rid of the outermost transform.

Or try the 'Apply transforms' extension:
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Inkscape_Extensions (search for
"Apply Transforms" on the page)