Impact of going GTK3 only for extensions (especially on Windows)

Impact of going GTK3 only for extensions (especially on Windows)

Pit Garbe
Hi,

I just read about the upcoming removal of GTK+ 2.x from Inkscape. What does that mean for extensions? At the moment my extension makes use of PyGTK. That means, it uses GTK+ 2.x.

Will the extension still be usable in the future?  As far as I understand, it shouldn’t be a problem on Linux, where the installation of Python and GTK etc. are separate from Inkscape, but on Windows its included by Inkscape and probably stop working once GTK+ 2.x is removed.

Kind regards
Pit

--
Pit Garbe
iOS-Softwareentwickler, Dipl.-Inf.

Robert-Matzke-Str. 11, 01127 Dresden, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 160 4539149