Import MS Publisher?

ToddAndMargo
Hi All,

I got asked by a customer is Inkscape can import MS Publisher.
Any words of wisdom?

Many thanks,
-T

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Serious error.

Re: Import MS Publisher?

Patrick Storz
Am 27.08.2018 um 19:14 schrieb ToddAndMargo:
> I got asked by a customer is Inkscape can import MS Publisher.
> Any words of wisdom?

No, not currently.

There's a librevenge-based import filter available (libmspub, see [1])
which could probably be implemented in Inkscape without too much effort
(Visio / CDR / WPG import are based on librevenge, too), but I doubt
it'll be implemented any time soon unless someone interested in the
format takes a shot at it.

Regards,
Patrick

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DLP/Libraries/libmspub

Re: Import MS Publisher?

ToddAndMargo
On 08/27/2018 10:33 AM, Patrick Storz wrote:

> Am 27.08.2018 um 19:14 schrieb ToddAndMargo:
>> I got asked by a customer is Inkscape can import MS Publisher.
>> Any words of wisdom?
>
> No, not currently.
>
> There's a librevenge-based import filter available (libmspub, see [1])
> which could probably be implemented in Inkscape without too much effort
> (Visio / CDR / WPG import are based on librevenge, too), but I doubt
> it'll be implemented any time soon unless someone interested in the
> format takes a shot at it.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick
>
> [1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DLP/Libraries/libmspub