Inkscape 0.42pre0

Ted Gould
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!  Finally got distcheck to pass!

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=93438&package_id=99112&release_id=338493

If the people who can build binary packages would, then we can send an
e-mail to the user's list for wider distribution.

Whew!  Thought that would never get out!

                --Ted

Re: Inkscape 0.42pre0

Michael Wybrow
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ted Gould wrote:

> Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!  Finally got distcheck to pass!
>
> If the people who can build binary packages would, then we can send an
> e-mail to the user's list for wider distribution.

Ok, I just compiled anonymous CVS from a couple of hours ago and have
packaged a 0.42pre0 dmg for Mac OS X.

Can someone with appropriate permissions please grab the file from the
location below and put it up on the release download page?
  http://desert.csse.monash.edu.au/~mwybrow/Inkscape0.42pre0.dmg

(Since I'll be doing this a few times for the release, is it easier for me
to be given rights to upload it there myself?  My SourceForge id is
`mjwybrow'.  Perhaps I can be given CVS access at the same time since I'll
need this after the release for working on the SoC connectors stuff.)

Cheers,
Michael

Re: Inkscape 0.42pre0

Daniel Díaz-2
Hello.

On 6/29/05, Michael Wybrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> Ok, I just compiled anonymous CVS from a couple of hours ago and have
> packaged a 0.42pre0 dmg for Mac OS X.
> Can someone with appropriate permissions please grab the file from the
> location below and put it up on the release download page?
>         http://desert.csse.monash.edu.au/~mwybrow/Inkscape0.42pre0.dmg
[...]

Done.

Thanks and greetings!

Daniel Díaz

Re: Inkscape 0.42pre0

Bryce Harrington
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:48:18PM +1000, Michael Wybrow wrote:
> >If the people who can build binary packages would, then we can send an
> >e-mail to the user's list for wider distribution.
>
> (Since I'll be doing this a few times for the release, is it easier for me
> to be given rights to upload it there myself?  My SourceForge id is
> `mjwybrow'.  Perhaps I can be given CVS access at the same time since I'll
> need this after the release for working on the SoC connectors stuff.)

Okay, I've added access for you.  Welcome aboard.  :-)

Re: Inkscape 0.42pre0

jon@rejon.org
Also, could you add this URL for Mac users to download X11:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html

I've had several people try it out and this is a common question: What
is X11? Users can install it from their Mac OS X install disks, or
download this version, and install.

I added a note on this to the wiki as well:
http://inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CompilingMacOsX

Thanks again for taking on this OS X package...it is so great to be able
to support this!

Jon

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 23:48 +1000, Michael Wybrow wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ted Gould wrote:
> >
> > Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!  Finally got distcheck to pass!
> >
> > If the people who can build binary packages would, then we can send an
> > e-mail to the user's list for wider distribution.
>

> Ok, I just compiled anonymous CVS from a couple of hours ago and have
> packaged a 0.42pre0 dmg for Mac OS X.
>
> Can someone with appropriate permissions please grab the file from the
> location below and put it up on the release download page?
>   http://desert.csse.monash.edu.au/~mwybrow/Inkscape0.42pre0.dmg
>
> (Since I'll be doing this a few times for the release, is it easier for me
> to be given rights to upload it there myself?  My SourceForge id is
> `mjwybrow'.  Perhaps I can be given CVS access at the same time since I'll
> need this after the release for working on the SoC connectors stuff.)
>

> Cheers,
> Michael

Jon Phillips

USA PH 510.499.0894
[hidden email]
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
CVS Book (http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu)
Scale Journal (http://scale.ucsd.edu)

Re: Inkscape 0.42pre0

Michael Wybrow
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Also, could you add this URL for Mac users to download X11:
> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html
>
> I've had several people try it out and this is a common question: What
> is X11? Users can install it from their Mac OS X install disks, or
> download this version, and install.

Ok, better yet, if the launcher can't start X11 the alert dialog now
states that it is freely downloadable from Apple's website and it has a
button labelled "Get Apple's X11" that launches the default browser and
loads the download page you mentioned above.  See screenshot:
  http://desert.csse.monash.edu.au/~mwybrow/inkscape-x11.jpg

I won't bother redoing 0.42pre0, but this will be in pre1.

Cheers,
Michael