Inkscape 0.92.1pre0 source tarball

Bryce Harrington-3
This is a pre-release for the upcoming stable bugfix release 0.92.1.
Download it at:

    https://inkscape.org/en/download/development-versions

The release is:

    0.92.1pre0   Source Tarball Bzip
    https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/10613/inkscape-0.92.1pre0.tar.bz2

Hard Freeze is now in effect.  Do not land any code changes on the
0.92.x branch without release manager approval.  In particular, I would
prefer to see only critically important fixes, or carefully reviewed
refinements of fixes recently landed, and leave the rest to 0.92.2, but
I'll consider all proposals on a case by case basis, just give me a
ping.

== Translations ==

Next Monday will mark String Freeze.  Between now and then, string
changes in code are permitted, but due to Hard Freeze there will
probably be few.  Thus I encourage translators to start updating
translations at this time, with a plan to finalize next week.

== Packaging ==

Packagers for Linux and Windows should use this source tarball for
creating test packages, and upload to the website.

== Future Releases ==

The 0.92.1pre1 pre-release will be in one week's time.  I plan to try to
stick pretty strictly to the previously announced release schedule, but
of course release delays may be necessary depending on testing.

A subsequent 0.92.2 release will be planned for 1-2 months after
0.92.1's release, so some sort of April timeframe seems likely.

Re: Inkscape 0.92.1pre0 source tarball

Eduard Braun
Am 24.01.2017 um 09:02 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
> == Packaging ==
>
> Packagers for Linux and Windows should use this source tarball for
> creating test packages, and upload to the website.

Builds for Windows are online.

Regards,
Eduard

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:54:02PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 24.01.2017 um 09:02 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
> >== Packaging ==
> >
> >Packagers for Linux and Windows should use this source tarball for
> >creating test packages, and upload to the website.
>
> Builds for Windows are online.
>
> Regards,
> Eduard

Thanks Eduard.

I'm preparing a roster of packagers to be notified when the next
pre-release source package is posted.  I've added you to the list for
Windows.  I've got Ted for the snappy packages and plinnel for SuSE.
Who else should be on the roster?

Am 26.01.2017 um 19:06 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:54:02PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:
>> Am 24.01.2017 um 09:02 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
>>> == Packaging ==
>>>
>>> Packagers for Linux and Windows should use this source tarball for
>>> creating test packages, and upload to the website.
>> Builds for Windows are online.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eduard
> Thanks Eduard.
>
> I'm preparing a roster of packagers to be notified when the next
> pre-release source package is posted.  I've added you to the list for
> Windows.  I've got Ted for the snappy packages and plinnel for SuSE.
> Who else should be on the roster?
>
> Bryce

Hi Bryce,

great! Always good to know these things early.

You should ask theAdib if he wants to be notified, too. He did most of
the Windows packaging in the past and was still heavily involved in the
last release.

Regards,
Eduard

---

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 07:57:04PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 26.01.2017 um 19:06 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> >>Builds for Windows are online.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Eduard
> >Thanks Eduard.
> >
> >I'm preparing a roster of packagers to be notified when the next
> >pre-release source package is posted.  I've added you to the list for
> >Windows.  I've got Ted for the snappy packages and plinnel for SuSE.
> >Who else should be on the roster?
> >
> >Bryce
>
> Hi Bryce,
>
> great! Always good to know these things early.
>
> You should ask theAdib if he wants to be notified, too. He did most
> of the Windows packaging in the past and was still heavily involved
> in the last release.

Ok good idea.  theAdib?

> Regards,
> Eduard
>
> ---

Re: Inkscape 0.92.1pre0 source tarball

the Adib-2
Hello Bryce,

Yes, ok for currently I am really busy. But the push info is definately good. Adib.

Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 27. Jan. 2017 um 02:04:
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 07:57:04PM +0100, Eduard Braun wrote:
> Am 26.01.2017 um 19:06 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> >>Builds for Windows are online.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Eduard
> >Thanks Eduard.
> >
> >I'm preparing a roster of packagers to be notified when the next
> >pre-release source package is posted.  I've added you to the list for
> >Windows.  I've got Ted for the snappy packages and plinnel for SuSE.
> >Who else should be on the roster?
> >
> >Bryce
>
> Hi Bryce,
>
> great! Always good to know these things early.
>
> You should ask theAdib if he wants to be notified, too. He did most
> of the Windows packaging in the past and was still heavily involved
> in the last release.

Ok good idea.  theAdib?