Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Marc Jeanmougin
Hi all,

For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.

Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past. If
no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
#inkscape-devel offering to build it

Marc

Re: Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Martin Owens-2

> For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
> portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.
>
> Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past.
> If no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
> #inkscape-devel offering to build it

My understanding is that because of lack of packaging maintenance, the
portable app was not being made for 0.92

This might have been because of the build system upgrades.

Re: Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Gord Caswell
I am the portableapps.com developer that offered to build it, if there's a way to submit the package once built , I'm happy to do so.

Gord Caswell
PortableApps.com developer & adminstrator

---
From the desk of:

Gord Caswell

On 18 January 2017 at 10:41, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
> portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.
>
> Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past.
> If no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
> #inkscape-devel offering to build it

My understanding is that because of lack of packaging maintenance, the
portable app was not being made for 0.92

This might have been because of the build system upgrades.

Re: Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Eduard Braun
There seems to be code for that in "packaging/win32/portable".

Since I never used any portableapps, I did not look into that when
creating the Windows packages.
Any help would certainly be welcome!

Am 18.01.2017 um 17:41 schrieb Martin Owens:

>> For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
>> portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.
>>
>> Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past.
>> If no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
>> #inkscape-devel offering to build it
> My understanding is that because of lack of packaging maintenance, the
> portable app was not being made for 0.92
>
> This might have been because of the build system upgrades.
>
> Martin,

---

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:27:54PM +0100, Marc Jeanmougin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
> portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.
>
> Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past.

I don't recall offhand who did those previously.  Does the 0.91 version
list who made it?  Where do they get downloaded from?

Perhaps we should have a roster of package contact people so we can
ensure the right people are notified and so users know who to contact
regarding package availability in the future.

Is this something that could be tracked with the new releases app, or
should we jot it down in wiki?

> If
> no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
> #inkscape-devel offering to build it

I don't see a problem with that.  Thanks for following up.

Bryce

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Marc

Re: Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Maren Hachmann
Am 18.01.2017 um 18:15 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:27:54PM +0100, Marc Jeanmougin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> For previous releases, we used to ship a portable version with
>> portableapps, but there does not seem to be such a version for 0.92.
>>
>> Is it an oversight? I don't know who took care of those in the past.
>
> I don't recall offhand who did those previously.  Does the 0.91 version
> list who made it?  Where do they get downloaded from?

Here:
https://inkscape.org/en/~JoshAndler/%E2%98%85inkscape-0910-portable

I don't know if Josh actually created it - he might just have uploaded
it for someone else.

> Perhaps we should have a roster of package contact people so we can
> ensure the right people are notified and so users know who to contact
> regarding package availability in the future.
>
> Is this something that could be tracked with the new releases app, or
> should we jot it down in wiki?

It can be tracked in the releases app.
There's an option to add a responsible person for each platform (which
can be of any level, i.e. 'Gnu/Linux'or 'Ubuntu', 'ppa', 'Windows',
'64bit', 'portable', etc..

Maren

>> If
>> no one is planning to do it, we had a portableapps developer on
>> #inkscape-devel offering to build it
>
> I don't see a problem with that.  Thanks for following up.
>
> Bryce
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Marc

Re: Inkscape 0.92 Portable version ?

Bryce Harrington-3
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:44:35PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:

> Am 18.01.2017 um 18:15 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:27:54PM +0100, Marc Jeanmougin wrote:
> > I don't recall offhand who did those previously.  Does the 0.91 version
> > list who made it?  Where do they get downloaded from?
>
> Here:
> https://inkscape.org/en/~JoshAndler/%E2%98%85inkscape-0910-portable
>
> I don't know if Josh actually created it - he might just have uploaded
> it for someone else.

He uploaded it for another person, Josh sent me the contact info but I
think the individual might not be active.

> > Perhaps we should have a roster of package contact people so we can
> > ensure the right people are notified and so users know who to contact
> > regarding package availability in the future.
> >
> > Is this something that could be tracked with the new releases app, or
> > should we jot it down in wiki?
>
> It can be tracked in the releases app.
> There's an option to add a responsible person for each platform (which
> can be of any level, i.e. 'Gnu/Linux'or 'Ubuntu', 'ppa', 'Windows',
> '64bit', 'portable', etc..

Ok cool.  Do we track their contact info?  It would be great if there
was a pushbutton way for me to pre-notify all packagers of pending RCs
and such.

Am 19.01.2017 um 07:05 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:44:35PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
>> Am 18.01.2017 um 18:15 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
>>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:27:54PM +0100, Marc Jeanmougin wrote:
>>> I don't recall offhand who did those previously.  Does the 0.91 version
>>> list who made it?  Where do they get downloaded from?
>>
>> Here:
>> https://inkscape.org/en/~JoshAndler/%E2%98%85inkscape-0910-portable
>>
>> I don't know if Josh actually created it - he might just have uploaded
>> it for someone else.
>
> He uploaded it for another person, Josh sent me the contact info but I
> think the individual might not be active.
>
>>> Perhaps we should have a roster of package contact people so we can
>>> ensure the right people are notified and so users know who to contact
>>> regarding package availability in the future.
>>>
>>> Is this something that could be tracked with the new releases app, or
>>> should we jot it down in wiki?
>>
>> It can be tracked in the releases app.
>> There's an option to add a responsible person for each platform (which
>> can be of any level, i.e. 'Gnu/Linux'or 'Ubuntu', 'ppa', 'Windows',
>> '64bit', 'portable', etc..
>
> Ok cool.  Do we track their contact info?  It would be great if there
> was a pushbutton way for me to pre-notify all packagers of pending RCs
> and such.

- Apart from making them be a member of the release team, and creating a
mailing list for that team, there isn't an option for this in the
interface.

The releases app is presenting data that was entered manually via admin
interface atm, it doesn't provide any functionality beyond that, as far
as I know.

Maren

On 18 January 2017 at 16:47, Bryce Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Between this, and Eduard's request for help, I'm building it right now.

Great, thanks for tending to it.

We've built & digitally signed the portable package, ready for upload:

http://download2.portableapps.com/portableapps/inkscapeportable/InkscapePortable_0.92.paf.exe

SHA1: 9f949bf3b77f4d529673ff43d597e7827b3b327b

Gord
PortableApps.com