Inkscape Board Meeting (note earlier time!)

Inkscape Board Meeting (note earlier time!)

Bryce Harrington-3
A 2-hour earlier time is scheduled for this month's board meeting[1].
Friday, Sep 1st, at 10am Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.

As always, all members of the community are welcome to participate.

    http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings

Agenda:
  + GSoC 2017 wrap up
  + Sponsor acceptance/approval criteria
  + Board election status
  + Other business

Bryce

1: The earlier time was discussed last meeting, so when we have
   development meetings after, we aren't keeping European folks up too
   late.  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/

Re: Inkscape Board Meeting (note earlier time!)

Bryce Harrington-3
Meeting IRC log:

  https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11377/

Bryce

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:44:13PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> A 2-hour earlier time is scheduled for this month's board meeting[1].
> Friday, Sep 1st, at 10am Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.
>
> As always, all members of the community are welcome to participate.
>
>     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
>
> Agenda:
>   + GSoC 2017 wrap up
>   + Sponsor acceptance/approval criteria
>   + Board election status
>   + Other business
>
> Bryce
>
> 1: The earlier time was discussed last meeting, so when we have
>    development meetings after, we aren't keeping European folks up too
>    late.  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/

Re: Inkscape Board Meeting (note earlier time!)

Jabier Arraiza
Thanks Bryce!

On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 16:40 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Meeting IRC log:
>
>   https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11377/
>
> Bryce
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:44:13PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > A 2-hour earlier time is scheduled for this month's board
> > meeting[1].
> > Friday, Sep 1st, at 10am Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.
> >
> > As always, all members of the community are welcome to participate.
> >
> >     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
> >
> > Agenda:
> >   + GSoC 2017 wrap up
> >   + Sponsor acceptance/approval criteria
> >   + Board election status
> >   + Other business
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > 1: The earlier time was discussed last meeting, so when we have
> >    development meetings after, we aren't keeping European folks up
> > too
> >    late.  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/

Voting System

Jabier Arraiza
Great work on the voting system!
https://inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-2017

I do some test and don't notice any problem. Maybe a larger number of
candidates, maybe more than a line could be a UX test.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 02:03 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> Thanks Bryce!
>
> On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 16:40 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Meeting IRC log:
> >
> >   https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11377/
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:44:13PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > A 2-hour earlier time is scheduled for this month's board
> > > meeting[1].
> > > Friday, Sep 1st, at 10am Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.
> > >
> > > As always, all members of the community are welcome to
> > > participate.
> > >
> > >     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
> > >
> > > Agenda:
> > >   + GSoC 2017 wrap up
> > >   + Sponsor acceptance/approval criteria
> > >   + Board election status
> > >   + Other business
> > >
> > > Bryce
> > >
> > > 1: The earlier time was discussed last meeting, so when we have
> > >    development meetings after, we aren't keeping European folks
> > > up
> > > too
> > >    late.  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/

Re: Voting System

Jabier Arraiza
Forget say, I couldent find the mentioned in board meeting invite
system.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 02:24 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> Great work on the voting system!
> https://inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-201
> 7
>
> I do some test and don't notice any problem. Maybe a larger number of
> candidates, maybe more than a line could be a UX test.
>
> Cheers, Jabier.
>

> On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 02:03 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> > Thanks Bryce!
> >
> > On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 16:40 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > Meeting IRC log:
> > >
> > >   https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11377/
> > >
> > > Bryce

Re: Voting System

The dragging doesn't work for me in Google chrome, but I think it may be better to have html select drop downs with candidate names. The main issue with the current system is that all candidates will be shown and the position of the candidates is equivalent to a rank. Unless the user manually sorts them all, the system will give random clout to the candidates in the order they appear on the page.

I've come up with a cleaner solution that does not involve dragging around icons, and allows the visitor to name as many candidates in order of preference as they choose.

See attachment.
-C

On 2 Sep 2017 1:25 a.m., "Jabier Arraiza" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great work on the voting system!
https://inkscape.org/en/*inkscape-vectors/elections/test-election-2017

I do some test and don't notice any problem. Maybe a larger number of
candidates, maybe more than a line could be a UX test.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 02:03 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> Thanks Bryce!
>
> On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 16:40 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > Meeting IRC log:
> >
> >   https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11377/
> >
> > Bryce
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 07:44:13PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > A 2-hour earlier time is scheduled for this month's board
> > > meeting[1].
> > > Friday, Sep 1st, at 10am Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.
> > >
> > > As always, all members of the community are welcome to
> > > participate.
> > >
> > >     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
> > >
> > > Agenda:
> > >   + GSoC 2017 wrap up
> > >   + Sponsor acceptance/approval criteria
> > >   + Board election status
> > >   + Other business
> > >
> > > Bryce
> > >
> > > 1: The earlier time was discussed last meeting, so when we have
> > >    development meetings after, we aren't keeping European folks
> > > up
> > > too
> > >    late.  https://inkscape.org/en/gallery/item/11250/

inkscape_balot_mockup_all.png (234K) Download Attachment