Inkscape Board Meeting

Bryce Harrington-3
Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for next Friday, Jan 5th, 10am
Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.

    http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings

Agenda:
   + Madras Printer's and Lithographers' Association
   + Boston Hackfest (March)
   + Merchandise sales
   + Board election process review [tedg]
   + DigitalOcean Infrastructure hosting [bryce]
   + Preliminary preparations for 0.93 [tav]
   + Other Business

Re: [Inkscape-board] Inkscape Board Meeting

Tavmjong Bah

I think we need to get moving on the Boston hackfest. Martin, do you
have any updates?

Tav

On Sat, 2017-12-30 at 19:47 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Our monthly board meeting is scheduled for next Friday, Jan 5th, 10am
> Pacific time in #inkscape-devel.  All members are welcome.
>
>     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
>
> Agenda:
>    + Madras Printer's and Lithographers' Association
>    + Boston Hackfest (March)
>    + Merchandise sales
>    + Board election process review [tedg]
>    + DigitalOcean Infrastructure hosting [bryce]
>    + Preliminary preparations for 0.93 [tav]
>    + Other Business
>
> Bryce

Re: [Inkscape-board] Inkscape Board Meeting

Máirín Duffy
Hi!

On 12/30/2017 10:47 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>    + Boston Hackfest (March)
I don't know what plans you may have around this, but I work out of Red
Hat's Boston Office at 300 A Street and if you need a space we can
likely accommodate!

Cheers,
~m

Re: [Inkscape-board] Inkscape Board Meeting

doctormo
Hi Máirín,

This is a great idea. These are pros and cons which I'll quickly list
here, add if you want but if you can start making inquiries we can sort
out at the very least a backup plan.

 * Pro: access to hotels in southie, should be cheaper than Cambridge.
 * Par: Distance from the T is about the same, Kendel to MIT vs South
Station to Red Hat.
 * Con: We won't be attached to LibrePlanet meaning we might not have
contact with the Conservancy, SpinachCon (if operating) and other
possible cross talk.
 * Pro: We can organise for any date within Red Hat's schedule.
 * Pro: Lots of nice Red Hat cross talk if there are interested people.
 * Con: No access to MITs/SIBPs students, we could still invite of
course.
 * Pro: Probably more flexible and equipped to do food on site if we
want.

I don't know why I didn't think to ask you before. Thanks for speaking
up with the offer.

Best Regards, Martin Owens