Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Martin Owens-2
Dear Hackers,

Are we all looking forward to two weeks from now when we'll be dining
on lobsters and dunken donuts?

Well if you are coming, please do update the http://wiki.inkscape.org/w
iki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Attendees page (or let me know and I'll do
it for you)

This is the rough itinerary for the week:

 * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at the
Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
might be available if you like to see Harvard.

 * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near south
station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
good for anyone from abroad)

 * Wednesday 28th - User participation day, if we have some users
available, we'll be listening to normal Inkscape users.

 * Thursday 29th - Tentative choice for Inkscape Dinner at Les
Zygomates (http://winebar129.com) (If no one objects in the next few
days, I'll book a table)

 Let me know what you're looking forward to working on while your here,
I'd like to get a new article put together to kick things off.

If you can do photography, please let me know. We'll need a group photo
and someone with a nice camera and a good eye is needed sine CR isn't
here.

Anything else, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
Looks good! I'll have a camera with me for filming, so I'd be happy to
take care of the group photo.

Ryan

On 03/13/2018 10:43 PM, Martin Owens wrote:

> Dear Hackers,
>
> Are we all looking forward to two weeks from now when we'll be dining
> on lobsters and dunken donuts?
>
> Well if you are coming, please do update the http://wiki.inkscape.org/w
> iki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Attendees page (or let me know and I'll do
> it for you)
>
> This is the rough itinerary for the week:
>
>  * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at the
> Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
> might be available if you like to see Harvard.
>
>  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near south
> station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
> good for anyone from abroad)
>
>  * Wednesday 28th - User participation day, if we have some users
> available, we'll be listening to normal Inkscape users.
>
>  * Thursday 29th - Tentative choice for Inkscape Dinner at Les
> Zygomates (http://winebar129.com) (If no one objects in the next few
> days, I'll book a table)
>
>  Let me know what you're looking forward to working on while your here,
> I'd like to get a new article put together to kick things off.
>
> If you can do photography, please let me know. We'll need a group photo
> and someone with a nice camera and a good eye is needed sine CR isn't
> here.
>
> Anything else, please let me know.
>
> Thanks everyone!

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

C R
Thanks for covering the photo for me Ryan!

-C

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 5:05 AM, Ryan Gorley via Inkscape-devel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks good! I'll have a camera with me for filming, so I'd be happy to
> take care of the group photo.
>
> Ryan
>
> On 03/13/2018 10:43 PM, Martin Owens wrote:
>> Dear Hackers,
>>
>> Are we all looking forward to two weeks from now when we'll be dining
>> on lobsters and dunken donuts?
>>
>> Well if you are coming, please do update the http://wiki.inkscape.org/w
>> iki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Attendees page (or let me know and I'll do
>> it for you)
>>
>> This is the rough itinerary for the week:
>>
>>  * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at the
>> Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
>> might be available if you like to see Harvard.
>>
>>  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near south
>> station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
>> good for anyone from abroad)
>>
>>  * Wednesday 28th - User participation day, if we have some users
>> available, we'll be listening to normal Inkscape users.
>>
>>  * Thursday 29th - Tentative choice for Inkscape Dinner at Les
>> Zygomates (http://winebar129.com) (If no one objects in the next few
>> days, I'll book a table)
>>
>>  Let me know what you're looking forward to working on while your here,
>> I'd like to get a new article put together to kick things off.
>>
>> If you can do photography, please let me know. We'll need a group photo
>> and someone with a nice camera and a good eye is needed sine CR isn't
>> here.
>>
>> Anything else, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks everyone!
>>
>> Best Regards, Martin Owens

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Brynn
Now, if the current weather pattern of "noreasters" every few days can break, we
won't have major travel headaches!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks good! I'll have a camera with me for filming, so I'd be happy to
> take care of the group photo.
>
> Ryan
>
> On 03/13/2018 10:43 PM, Martin Owens wrote:
>> Dear Hackers,
>>
>> Are we all looking forward to two weeks from now when we'll be dining
>> on lobsters and dunken donuts?
>>
>> Well if you are coming, please do update the http://wiki.inkscape.org/w
>> iki/index.php/Hackfest2018_Attendees page (or let me know and I'll do
>> it for you)
>>
>> This is the rough itinerary for the week:
>>
>>  * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at the
>> Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
>> might be available if you like to see Harvard.
>>
>>  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near south
>> station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
>> good for anyone from abroad)
>>
>>  * Wednesday 28th - User participation day, if we have some users
>> available, we'll be listening to normal Inkscape users.
>>
>>  * Thursday 29th - Tentative choice for Inkscape Dinner at Les
>> Zygomates (http://winebar129.com) (If no one objects in the next few
>> days, I'll book a table)
>>
>>  Let me know what you're looking forward to working on while your here,
>> I'd like to get a new article put together to kick things off.
>>
>> If you can do photography, please let me know. We'll need a group photo
>> and someone with a nice camera and a good eye is needed sine CR isn't
>> here.
>>
>> Anything else, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks everyone!
>>
>> Best Regards, Martin Owens

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Máirín Duffy
Hey Martin,

A few notes -

On 03/14/2018 12:43 AM, Martin Owens wrote:
>  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near south
> station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
> good for anyone from abroad)
If you could start either 8:30 or 9:30 the first day it'd be a big help,
I'm also hosting a free software & digital humanities event that morning
and they start at 9, so it'd give me some buffer time to check in the
different groups coming in.
>  * Wednesday 28th - User participation day, if we have some users
> available, we'll be listening to normal Inkscape users.
If the weather cooperates, I have 4 high school apprentices coming over
this day from 12-2, and I'm going to teach them how to use Inkscape. So
it's an opportunity to see how someone new to Inkscape approaches it
today. They're doing a 6 week program with us where they're designing
displays for our info screens; they'll be using Inkscape to mock up
their ideas and then moving on to implementing them in html/css/js.
> If you can do photography, please let me know. We'll need a group photo
> and someone with a nice camera and a good eye is needed sine CR isn't
> here.
I can bring my camera.

~m

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Tavmjong Bah
On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 00:43 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Dear Hackers,

>  * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at
> the
> Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
> might be available if you like to see Harvard.

Is this still on? I'm thinking of going if I don't collapse first.

>  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near
> south
> station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
> good for anyone from abroad)

What time are we starting, I think I saw 9:30AM but can't find it now.

Tav

Re: Inkscape Hackfest 2018 (Boston) Almost here!

Bryce Harrington-3
On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 11:54:51PM +0200, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 00:43 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> > Dear Hackers,
>

> >  * Sunday 25th, optional drink with local Free Software hackers at
> > the
> > Grendel's Den in Harvard Square. 8:00pm to 11:00pm Some touristing
> > might be available if you like to see Harvard.
>
> Is this still on? I'm thinking of going if I don't collapse first.

Give my regards, I'm going to make it a short night, and will see you
all in the morning.

> >  * Monday 26th - Friday 30th, Hacking at the Red Hat offices near
> > south
> > station. Anyone lost can contact me +01 857 277 2117 (Signal App is
> > good for anyone from abroad)
>
> What time are we starting, I think I saw 9:30AM but can't find it now.

I recall 9:30 as well, iirc due to a need to get another group set up?