Inkscape Vectors Meeting - This Saturday

Inkscape Vectors Meeting - This Saturday

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
Hello All,
This is just a friendly invitation to join the Inkscape Vectors meeting
this Saturday. All are welcome to participate by video/voice/chat.
Details can be found at:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/general/issues/57

Come with your ideas and enthusiasm. I look forward to seeing you there!

--

Ryan

Bitmap tracing

John Billingsley

Tracing in the latest release is disappointing.

Instead of tracing as distinct items, 92.2 produced as group of traces each the size of the image, each representing a layer of colour.

Now 92.3 complains that the figure is too big and may take a long time.  After an hour I closed the program.  I tried again, this time with a small single solid circle.  I got the same message.  It seems that the previous task was not curtailed, or maybe it is a recurring fault.

The explanation of the Potrace algorithm looks reasonable, so what is the problem?

Best wishes
John

On 02-May-18 5:47 AM, Ryan Gorley via Inkscape-devel wrote:
Hello All,
This is just a friendly invitation to join the Inkscape Vectors meeting
this Saturday. All are welcome to participate by video/voice/chat.
Details can be found at:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/vectors/general/issues/57

Come with your ideas and enthusiasm. I look forward to seeing you there!

Re: Bitmap tracing

C R
Hi. Can you provide the bitmap file you were trying to trace?
Please also provide a screen capture of the settings.

Thanks.
-C