Quantcast

Inkscape does not see Times New Roma font

Inkscape does not see Times New Roma font

Rafael Morales Gamboa
Hello,
I am running Inkscape 0.48 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 (Elementary OS Freya), and I have installed Microsoft Core and New fonts. Now it happens that Inkscape can see them all but Times New Roman, and I cannot see way.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Rafael

Re: Inkscape does not see Times New Roma font

Brynn
Hi Rafael,
        When you say "Core and New fonts" it sounds like some kind of package.
Have you looked at all the individual fonts, to make sure that Times New Roman
is actually there?  Inkscape can only use fonts that are installed.  Maybe it
didn't get installed, for some reason?
        Or sometimes there might some kind of issue with a font manager.  Are
you using anything like that?
        In case you aren't aware, the current stable version of Inkscape is
0.92.  So it's available on the website for upgrade, if you're interested  :-)

Re: Inkscape does not see Times New Roma font

Arlo James Barnes
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 12:58 AM, brynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
When you say "Core and New fonts" it sounds like some kind of package.

Core fonts for the Web - Wikipedia && Debian -- Details of package ttf-mscorefonts-installer in jessie

Also, in stable Debian (Jessie) and no doubt also in distros bases off Jessie, the version in the distros is  0.48.5-3 Debian -- Details of package inkscape in jessie

—Arlo James Barnes