Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Bryce Harrington-3
Interested in meeting up with fellow Inkscapers?  Thanks to generous
donations to the project, we are able to provide funds to reimburse five
developers up to $500 each for attendance at the Libre Graphics Meeting
in Leipzig in April.

Anyone in the AUTHORS file as of Feb 19th, 2014 is eligible to apply.
To register, please email Tavmjong Bah, our coordinator for the event,
by March 6th to get on the list.  He'll let you know what position you
are in the list.  Then, register for the conference, enjoy your time,
and save your receipts.  Afterwards email copies of the receipts to Tav,
who will forward them along to SFC for reimbursement.  A maximum of $500
US each will be reimbursed to five attendees for travel, hotel room, and
food.

Note that the LGM meeting may also give partial reimbursements, so if
your total costs exceed $500 they may be able to help.

In addition, the board is sponsoring Tavmjong Bah to attend both LGM as
a speaker and as our event coordinator, and the co-located SVG Working
Group Meeting.  Tav will be representing Inkscape's interests at the SVG
meeting, and will be working with them on features including mesh
gradients, hatched fills, and auto-flowed text.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Inkscape in the past.  Your
funding has made these sponsorships possible.  We've found these
face-to-face meetings invaluable both for sharing ideas and as general
inspiration for advancement of the project.

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Tavmjong Bah

Hi all,

So far only two people have expressed interest in support to attend LGM.
Please let me know soon if you are interested.

Thanks,

Tav

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 12:12 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Interested in meeting up with fellow Inkscapers?  Thanks to generous
> donations to the project, we are able to provide funds to reimburse five
> developers up to $500 each for attendance at the Libre Graphics Meeting
> in Leipzig in April.
>
> Anyone in the AUTHORS file as of Feb 19th, 2014 is eligible to apply.
> To register, please email Tavmjong Bah, our coordinator for the event,
> by March 6th to get on the list.  He'll let you know what position you
> are in the list.  Then, register for the conference, enjoy your time,
> and save your receipts.  Afterwards email copies of the receipts to Tav,
> who will forward them along to SFC for reimbursement.  A maximum of $500
> US each will be reimbursed to five attendees for travel, hotel room, and
> food.
>
> Note that the LGM meeting may also give partial reimbursements, so if
> your total costs exceed $500 they may be able to help.
>
> In addition, the board is sponsoring Tavmjong Bah to attend both LGM as
> a speaker and as our event coordinator, and the co-located SVG Working
> Group Meeting.  Tav will be representing Inkscape's interests at the SVG
> meeting, and will be working with them on features including mesh
> gradients, hatched fills, and auto-flowed text.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Inkscape in the past.  Your
> funding has made these sponsorships possible.  We've found these
> face-to-face meetings invaluable both for sharing ideas and as general
> inspiration for advancement of the project.
>
> Bryce

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Ryan Lerch-2
On Thu 13 Mar 2014 10:03:14 AM EDT, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So far only two people have expressed interest in support to attend LGM.
> Please let me know soon if you are interested.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tav

I don't need sponsorship, but I am attending LGM.

Anyone else attending?

cheers,
ryanlerch

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Cédric Gémy
Hi

i'm glad to see again an inkscape force at LGM. I would be happy to join
and get help from this reimbursement if possible.

I came from Rennes, France, and it might cost less than 500$ even with
hostel.

pygmee

PS : i first sent this mail with a wrong email, sorry if it is posted twice

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 09:30 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
> i'm glad to see again an inkscape force at LGM. I would be happy to join
> and get help from this reimbursement if possible.
>
> I came from Rennes, France, and it might cost less than 500$ even with
> hostel.
>
> pygmee

Great! I've added you to the list.

So far there are four people who are on the list. If there is anyone
else who wants to be added, please let me know by tomorrow.

Tav

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

S.Kemter-2
Hi,

Tav, I will be there of course to, but travel support isnt needed, I am local ;)

br gnokii

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 09:30 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm glad to see again an inkscape force at LGM. I would be happy to join
> and get help from this reimbursement if possible.
>
> I came from Rennes, France, and it might cost less than 500$ even with
> hostel.
>
> pygmee

Great! I've added you to the list.

So far there are four people who are on the list. If there is anyone
else who wants to be added, please let me know by tomorrow.

Tav

make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra
I'm going to LGM too, but i'm not in author's file ;)
--
Elisa de Castro Guerra
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tav, I will be there of course to, but travel support isnt needed, I am local ;)

br gnokii

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 09:30 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm glad to see again an inkscape force at LGM. I would be happy to join
> and get help from this reimbursement if possible.
>
> I came from Rennes, France, and it might cost less than 500$ even with
> hostel.
>
> pygmee

Great! I've added you to the list.

So far there are four people who are on the list. If there is anyone
else who wants to be added, please let me know by tomorrow.

Tav

make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)

Re: Inkscape sponsorship for LGM attendees

Tavmjong Bah

There are three developers on the list for Inkscape funds to attend LGM
this year:

Joakim Verona
Martin Owens
Cédric Gémy

A fourth person who indicated interest has decided they won't be able to
make it. There is room for two more.

The above people should book their travel now. I will need receipts for
reimbursements (up to $500 US). The Software Free Conservancy Travel and
Reimbursement Policy is attached.

The following Inkscaper's have also indicated they will be at LGM:

Sirko Kemter (LGM Organizer)
Ryan Lerch
Elisa de Castro Guerra
(Adib?)

and of course, my self.

Looking forward to seeing you all at LGM,

Tav

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 12:12 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Interested in meeting up with fellow Inkscapers?  Thanks to generous
> donations to the project, we are able to provide funds to reimburse five
> developers up to $500 each for attendance at the Libre Graphics Meeting
> in Leipzig in April.
>
> Anyone in the AUTHORS file as of Feb 19th, 2014 is eligible to apply.
> To register, please email Tavmjong Bah, our coordinator for the event,
> by March 6th to get on the list.  He'll let you know what position you
> are in the list.  Then, register for the conference, enjoy your time,
> and save your receipts.  Afterwards email copies of the receipts to Tav,
> who will forward them along to SFC for reimbursement.  A maximum of $500
> US each will be reimbursed to five attendees for travel, hotel room, and
> food.
>
> Note that the LGM meeting may also give partial reimbursements, so if
> your total costs exceed $500 they may be able to help.
>
> In addition, the board is sponsoring Tavmjong Bah to attend both LGM as
> a speaker and as our event coordinator, and the co-located SVG Working
> Group Meeting.  Tav will be representing Inkscape's interests at the SVG
> meeting, and will be working with them on features including mesh
> gradients, hatched fills, and auto-flowed text.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Inkscape in the past.  Your
> funding has made these sponsorships possible.  We've found these
> face-to-face meetings invaluable both for sharing ideas and as general
> inspiration for advancement of the project.
>
> Bryce

conservancy-travel-policy.txt (25K) Download Attachment