[Inkscape-user] 0.42: Call for screenshots!

[Inkscape-user] 0.42: Call for screenshots!

bulia byak
We need more screenshots for 0.42. I recently added one screenshot for
the new Align options:

http://inkscape.org/screenshots/index.php

and we have enough screens for clone tiler and i18n, but for the rest
of the features, submissions are solicited. We would appreciate both
"demo" (focusing on features) and "work" (showing real work projects)
screenshots. Here are some requirements:

- 1280x1024 PNG

- Visually interesting. It's not to be a design masterpiece but it
must not be too ugly, too unbalanced, etc.

- Sufficiently informative. We can't have too many screenshots on that
page, so we must try to cram as much stuff as possible into each
screenshot. Don't waste space. Add objects, captions, explanations.
Open dialogs, switch tools, make tooltips appear before shooting. Use
objects both large (visible on the thumbnail) and small (visible in
full image only). Make each screenshot a story that invites close
examination, thinking, and experimentation.

The screenshots page is usually the first one that new users go to, so
let's work on a 0.42 screenshots collection that makes justice to this
great release.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.

Re: 0.42: Call for screenshots!

Aaron and Sarah Spike
bulia byak wrote:

> will you please create an extensions screenshot for the site? (I think
> you were going to do this some time ago). Take
> http://www.ekips.org/comp/inkscape/inx/InkexEffects.png as the base,
> with the following changes:
>
> - make it 1280x1024 (if you don't have this resolution, just send me
> the SVG and I'll shoot it)
>
> - add a few path interpolation samples, and maybe some other effects too
>
> - show one extension dialog, e.g. for interpolate or lindenmayer

http://www.ekips.org/comp/inkscape/inx/PythonEffects.png
http://www.ekips.org/comp/inkscape/inx/PythonEffects.svg

Aaron Spike