Kiel Hackfest sticker

C R
https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85inkscape-foil-sticker-keil-hackfest-sample

Like it?

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

Jabier Arraiza
great!!!

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 20:28 +0100, C R wrote:

> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85inkscape-foil-sticker-keil
> -hackfest-sample
>
> Like it?
>
> -C

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 20:28 +0100, C R wrote:
> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85inkscape-foil-sticker-keil
> -hackfest-sample
>
> Like it?

Love it!

Maren might be able to have more of an eye to it's representation, but
I think it's great.

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

C R
That's a really cool three-section drawbridge called Hörnbrücke close
to where the hackfest is. It's pretty impressive, and I think we
should venture out on a little walk to see it at some point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNdBtz6-i0k

-C

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 9:51 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 20:28 +0100, C R wrote:
>> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85inkscape-foil-sticker-keil
>> -hackfest-sample
>>
>> Like it?
>
> Love it!
>
> Maren might be able to have more of an eye to it's representation, but
> I think it's great.

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

Maren Hachmann
Am 27.07.2018 um 23:12 schrieb C R:
> That's a really cool three-section drawbridge called Hörnbrücke close
> to where the hackfest is. It's pretty impressive, and I think we
> should venture out on a little walk to see it at some point.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNdBtz6-i0k

- I wouldn't call it 'close' (3km from the Kitz), but if any of you are
planning to sleep in the Youth Hostel, then those will be able to cross
it (or wait before it) every day :)

It's very central, close to the station, so if we do a city tour, we can
go there, too.

I like that the sticker also shows a silhouette of a ship from the place
where the historical ships are made fast.

It's not the most commonly noted 'feature' of Kiel, but I've thought a
lot and couldn't come up with a good thing to show (see below).

In direct proximity of the Kitz, there's only the university with its
(ugly, but very visible from very far away) high office tower, and a
triangular church... then we have sea gulls (they build their nests at
the Kitz), a museum steam boat (but we've had a ship already on a
sticker), a couple of lighthouses (nice, but definitely not visible from
where you're going to be), the Marineehrenmal at Laboe (it's huge, and
you'll probably see it, but it's also not exactly part of Kiel), and the
large cranes of the wharf (those are a typical sight), as well as a
couple of churches and a large town hall. And an aquarium with seals.

Except for the Ehrenmal and the ex-HDW wharf, there aren't any real
identifying landmarks. So, my compliments to CR for having found
something that is even technically interesting :D

------------------

I've been wondering if the hackers would be interested in a visit in our
computer museum (our neighbor is its manager and might be able to give a
guided tour in English). This wouldn't be free, though, but if we can
get 10 people, it would be ~ 10,60 € per person. Plus fares, and loss of
time for programming. It's in a large old WWII bunker.
http://www.fh-kiel.de/index.php?id=computermuseum

Would that be of interest?

From there, we could take a taxi to a Chinese/Mongolian restaurant with
a huge sitting area and a large buffet that doesn't only contain Chinese
food, for the Hackfest dinner - or we could just join the annual Kitz
barbecue, where they will have two food trucks and lots of tech folk.

Hackfest attendees, please let me know your preferences :) If I need to
book something, it would be good to be able to do it early.

Maren

> -C
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 9:51 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 20:28 +0100, C R wrote:
>>> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85inkscape-foil-sticker-keil
>>> -hackfest-sample
>>>
>>> Like it?
>>
>> Love it!
>>
>> Maren might be able to have more of an eye to it's representation, but
>> I think it's great.
>>
>> Best Regards, Martin Owens

Re: Kiel Hackfest bunker food

doctormo
On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 00:45 +0200, Maren Hachmann wrote:
> Hackfest attendees, please let me know your preferences :) If I need
> to book something, it would be good to be able to do it early.

I'm always up for social events. I think it builds community ☺

Re: Kiel Hackfest bunker food

C R
What Maren suggested sounds great to me too!
Thanks for being our local guide, and setting everything up.

-C

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 2:38 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 00:45 +0200, Maren Hachmann wrote:
>> Hackfest attendees, please let me know your preferences :) If I need
>> to book something, it would be good to be able to do it early.
>
> I'm always up for social events. I think it builds community ☺

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

I have ordered the stickers. They will be here in a week or so. Will
send pics when they arrive.
In the meantime, here's an svg for making hackfest content:
https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85kiel-kitz-hackfest-sticker

-C

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Maren Hachmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 27.07.2018 um 23:12 schrieb C R:
>> That's a really cool three-section drawbridge called Hörnbrücke close
>> to where the hackfest is. It's pretty impressive, and I think we
>> should venture out on a little walk to see it at some point.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNdBtz6-i0k
>
> - I wouldn't call it 'close' (3km from the Kitz), but if any of you are
> planning to sleep in the Youth Hostel, then those will be able to cross
> it (or wait before it) every day :)
>
> It's very central, close to the station, so if we do a city tour, we can
> go there, too.
>
> I like that the sticker also shows a silhouette of a ship from the place
> where the historical ships are made fast.
>
> It's not the most commonly noted 'feature' of Kiel, but I've thought a
> lot and couldn't come up with a good thing to show (see below).
>
> In direct proximity of the Kitz, there's only the university with its
> (ugly, but very visible from very far away) high office tower, and a
> triangular church... then we have sea gulls (they build their nests at
> the Kitz), a museum steam boat (but we've had a ship already on a
> sticker), a couple of lighthouses (nice, but definitely not visible from
> where you're going to be), the Marineehrenmal at Laboe (it's huge, and
> you'll probably see it, but it's also not exactly part of Kiel), and the
> large cranes of the wharf (those are a typical sight), as well as a
> couple of churches and a large town hall. And an aquarium with seals.
>
> Except for the Ehrenmal and the ex-HDW wharf, there aren't any real
> identifying landmarks. So, my compliments to CR for having found
> something that is even technically interesting :D
>
> ------------------
>
> I've been wondering if the hackers would be interested in a visit in our
> computer museum (our neighbor is its manager and might be able to give a
> guided tour in English). This wouldn't be free, though, but if we can
> get 10 people, it would be ~ 10,60 € per person. Plus fares, and loss of
> time for programming. It's in a large old WWII bunker.
> http://www.fh-kiel.de/index.php?id=computermuseum
>
> Would that be of interest?
>
> From there, we could take a taxi to a Chinese/Mongolian restaurant with
> a huge sitting area and a large buffet that doesn't only contain Chinese
> food, for the Hackfest dinner - or we could just join the annual Kitz
> barbecue, where they will have two food trucks and lots of tech folk.
>
> Hackfest attendees, please let me know your preferences :) If I need to
> book something, it would be good to be able to do it early.
>
> Maren
>
>> -C

>>> Love it!
>>>
>>> Maren might be able to have more of an eye to it's representation, but
>>> I think it's great.
>>>
>>> Best Regards, Martin Owens

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

doctormo
On Mon, 2018-07-30 at 18:53 +0100, C R wrote:
> I have ordered the stickers. They will be here in a week or so. Will
> send pics when they arrive.
> In the meantime, here's an svg for making hackfest content:
> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85kiel-kitz-hackfest-sticker

This is great.

Let me know how much money you might need to cover some of the expense.
I'll paypal some directly since there really do add flare to the
hackfests 😄

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

C R
It's no problem. It was not very much for 50 stickers, so I'll cover it. :)
Thanks for the offer!

-C

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:07 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-07-30 at 18:53 +0100, C R wrote:
>> I have ordered the stickers. They will be here in a week or so. Will
>> send pics when they arrive.
>> In the meantime, here's an svg for making hackfest content:
>> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85kiel-kitz-hackfest-sticker
>
> This is great.
>
> Let me know how much money you might need to cover some of the expense.
> I'll paypal some directly since there really do add flare to the
> hackfests 😄
>
> Martin,

Re: Kiel Hackfest sticker

Am 30.07.2018 um 19:53 schrieb C R:
> I have ordered the stickers. They will be here in a week or so. Will
> send pics when they arrive.
> In the meantime, here's an svg for making hackfest content:
> https://inkscape.org/en/~C.Rogers/%E2%98%85kiel-kitz-hackfest-sticker

- Cool, thank you, Chris!

Maren