Kielius bus line scam

C R
Dispite signs everywhere touting 6,50 fare, the driver of the Kielius bus would not let me on for less than 21,00. Moreover, trying to book on the website wanted 15,80 and there is very little English on the site.

Was I scammed? I certainly feel scammed.

Thanks.

Re: Kielius bus line scam

doctormo
I payed 15 euros, I'm certain the guy pocketed the money.

But to be honest I was just happy to get out of the Airport.

So I didn't care too much.

Martin,

On Sun, 2018-09-09 at 12:13 +0200, C R wrote:

> Dispite signs everywhere touting 6,50 fare, the driver of the Kielius
> bus would not let me on for less than 21,00. Moreover, trying to book
> on the website wanted 15,80 and there is very little English on the
> site.
>
> Was I scammed? I certainly feel scammed.
>
> Thanks.
> -C

Re: Kielius bus line scam

Hi Chris,

you haven't been scammed. The 6.50 is limited to a specific number of
people who come first, and also for a shorter part of the itinerary.

However, you probably should have also gotten the ticket for going back
for saving some money.

https://www.bahn.de/autokraft/view/mdb/autokraft/tarife/mdb_265909_kielius_info_flyer_2018_3.pdf

contains the price list (page two on the right). It lists your 21 Euros
for a single ticket Hamburg to Kiel for adults.

Sorry about the lack of English on their website - if you had asked
earlier, we could probably have arranged to book together while on IRC.

Maren

Am 09.09.2018 um 12:13 schrieb C R:

> Dispite signs everywhere touting 6,50 fare, the driver of the Kielius
> bus would not let me on for less than 21,00. Moreover, trying to book on
> the website wanted 15,80 and there is very little English on the site.
>
> Was I scammed? I certainly feel scammed.
>
> Thanks.
> -C

Re: Kielius bus line scam

C R
This bus is half empty, so I don't know where they draw the line at selling 6,50 tickets.

But whatever, I'm done trying to save money at cost to my mood and convenience.

It costs what it costs.

-C

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018, 12:39 Maren Hachmann, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

you haven't been scammed. The 6.50 is limited to a specific number of
people who come first, and also for a shorter part of the itinerary.

However, you probably should have also gotten the ticket for going back
for saving some money.

https://www.bahn.de/autokraft/view/mdb/autokraft/tarife/mdb_265909_kielius_info_flyer_2018_3.pdf

contains the price list (page two on the right). It lists your 21 Euros
for a single ticket Hamburg to Kiel for adults.

Sorry about the lack of English on their website - if you had asked
earlier, we could probably have arranged to book together while on IRC.

Maren

Am 09.09.2018 um 12:13 schrieb C R:
> Dispite signs everywhere touting 6,50 fare, the driver of the Kielius
> bus would not let me on for less than 21,00. Moreover, trying to book on
> the website wanted 15,80 and there is very little English on the site.
>
> Was I scammed? I certainly feel scammed.
>
> Thanks.
> -C

Re: Kielius bus line scam

Maren Hachmann
Am 09.09.2018 um 12:42 schrieb C R:
> This bus is half empty, so I don't know where they draw the line at
> selling 6,50 tickets.

Online only.

> But whatever, I'm done trying to save money at cost to my mood and
> convenience.
>
> It costs what it costs.

Right :)

Maren