LPE Refactor

Jabier Arraiza
Hi All.

I Just do a big refactor of the LPE "Live Effects" system in this WIP
MR:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/190

Please check it if you get time and provide feedback before merge.

Regards, Jabier.

Re: LPE Refactor

Miguel Lopez

I'm not exactly sure what does this mean, but I'm assuming that non-destructive editing is less buggy within Inkscape? Like say, if I were to clone a path via LPE, and fillet, it would actually work?

Time to test, and I have yet to be able to test the Mac version. No chance yet.

On 1/28/2018 12:34 PM, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
Hi All.

I Just do a big refactor of the LPE "Live Effects" system in this WIP
MR:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/190

Please check it if you get time and provide feedback before merge.

Regards, Jabier.

Re: LPE Refactor

Jabier Arraiza
Not undertand well your goals but you can try.

On Sun, 2018-01-28 at 17:50 +0000, Miguel Lopez wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure what does this mean, but I'm assuming that non-
> destructive editing is less buggy within Inkscape? Like say, if I
> were to clone a path via LPE, and fillet, it would actually work?
> Time to test, and I have yet to be able to test the Mac version. No
> chance yet.
>
> On 1/28/2018 12:34 PM, Jabier Arraiza wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I Just do a big refactor of the LPE "Live Effects" system in this
> > WIP
> > MR:
> > https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/190
> >
> > Please check it if you get time and provide feedback before merge.
> >
> > Regards, Jabier.

Re: LPE Refactor GOALS

The goals of the LPE refactor are:

1.- Correct the bounding box calculation to apply the LPE. Is
reproduced when:
* Apply a LPE to a clip or mask with his bounding box bigger than the
cliped/masked Element
* Apply more than one LPE to the same LPE, bounding box if used in the
LPE is sucesibely corrupted

2.- Allow acces to the current LPE shape in any moment of the LPE
process (For future devs this is very handy, Is done previously by a
commit mine but now are simplified. THe current shape is defined on
apply the LPE and work for shapes, paths inside groups or standalone
and clip and mask items.

3.- Allow LPE on cliped and masked shapes if the LPE allow it

4.- Organice functions in SP-PATH and SP-SHAPE to allow with less
functions have all required curves in any moment

5.- Cleanup of shapes code to apply effect on the same way in path,
ellipse, star and spiral and always in perform path effect.

6.- Refactor of the default parameter code, removing menmleaks and
moving to the effect code from the LPE dialog

Re: LPE Refactor

I can confirm apply clone original + fillet chamfer works.