LXML & Windows

Jabier Arraiza
Some users report me the complexity to install LXML on windows. Is
posibol integrate it by default?

Cheers, Jabier.

Re: LXML & Windows

Eduard Braun
Am 22.08.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> Some users report me the complexity to install LXML on windows. Is
> posibol integrate it by default?
>
> Cheers, Jabier.

Hi Jabier,

LXML should be included in all Windows packages.

Can you give details on the issues those users are experiencing? Is it
possible they chose not to install the bundled Python during installation?

Regards,
Eduard

Re: LXML & Windows

Jabier Arraiza
Waiting to reply from user, while it. I post the error the user have
while running mayority of extensions:

ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type md5
ERROR:root:code for hash sha1 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha1
ERROR:root:code for hash sha224 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha224
ERROR:root:code for hash sha256 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha256
ERROR:root:code for hash sha384 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384
ERROR:root:code for hash sha512 was not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 147, in
<module>
    globals()[__func_name] = __get_hash(__func_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\Lib/hashlib.py", line 97, in
__get_builtin_constructor
    raise ValueError('unsupported hash type ' + name)
ValueError: unsupported hash type sha512
The fantastic lxml wrapper for libxml2 is required by inkex.py and
therefore this extension.Please download and install the latest version
from http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/lxml/, or install it through
your package manager by a command like: sudo apt-get install python-
lxml

Technical details:
No module named lxml

Thanks for get into, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 16:35 +0200, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 22.08.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > Some users report me the complexity to install LXML on windows. Is
> > posibol integrate it by default?
> >
> > Cheers, Jabier.
>
> Hi Jabier,
>
> LXML should be included in all Windows packages.
>
> Can you give details on the issues those users are experiencing? Is
> it
> possible they chose not to install the bundled Python during
> installation?
>
> Regards,
> Eduard

Re: LXML & Windows

Eduard, is a windows 7 64B, inkscape 92.2 probaly the exe package.
I hope this help, ping me if need anithing more.

Is not the first person with this problem.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 16:35 +0200, Eduard Braun wrote:

> Am 22.08.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > Some users report me the complexity to install LXML on windows. Is
> > posibol integrate it by default?
> >
> > Cheers, Jabier.
>
> Hi Jabier,
>
> LXML should be included in all Windows packages.
>
> Can you give details on the issues those users are experiencing? Is
> it
> possible they chose not to install the bundled Python during
> installation?
>
> Regards,
> Eduard

Re: LXML & Windows

Jabier Arraiza
Eduard.

Finaly I know the problem. He try to reinstall inkscape and works, the
only diference from first time is he remove inkskape with add and
remove in last time.

I hope it help.

Cheers, Jabier.

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 20:07 +0200, Jabier Arraiza wrote:

> Eduard, is a windows 7 64B, inkscape 92.2 probaly the exe package.
> I hope this help, ping me if need anithing more.
>
> Is not the first person with this problem.
>
> Cheers, Jabier.
>

> On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 16:35 +0200, Eduard Braun wrote:
> > Am 22.08.2017 um 16:27 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
> > > Some users report me the complexity to install LXML on windows.
> > > Is
> > > posibol integrate it by default?
> > >
> > > Cheers, Jabier.
> >
> > Hi Jabier,
> >
> > LXML should be included in all Windows packages.
> >
> > Can you give details on the issues those users are experiencing? Is
> > it
> > possible they chose not to install the bundled Python during
> > installation?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Eduard

Re: LXML & Windows

Eduard Braun

Hi Jabier,

yes, this issue is definitely caused by installing Inkscape 0.92.2 without uninstalling a previous version first. Inkscape then loads some python modules from the old installation which are not compatible with the MSYS2 package.

It's also visible in the error output you posted earlier:

  • "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python\" was the folder in which we installed Python for Inkscape <= 0.92.1.
  • For MSYS2 builds (i.e. starting with 0.92.2) this changed to "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\lib\python2.7"

In principle we already urge the user to uninstall any previously installed version of Inkscape, but maybe we should make the message even clearer (or simply require uninstallation of the previous version by default).

Regards,
Eduard

Am 22.08.2017 um 20:56 schrieb Jabier Arraiza:
[...]

Thanks Eduard for the information.