Line height with fixed units

doctormo
Dear Developers,

I've committed into r14701 a line height units box.

All the functionality seems to work as expected now, but I expect some
issues for anything that messes with the units (always do) so please
test.

I expect you to see one bug which Tav said he'd work on: line height is
currently not rendering correctly per line. So a large line and a small
line aren't doing quite the right thing together.

(and only for text boxes)

But apart from that try this file: <a href="https://inkscape.org/en/~doctormo/%">https://inkscape.org/en/~doctormo/%
E2%98%85lines (download the file because web browser won't show the text
box)

Re: Line height with fixed units

Ivan Louette
Thank you so much !!!

It works perfectly for me !

I was waiting for that for a very long time. It closes an important gap with DTP and allows much easier work in this area.

ivan

But apart from that try this file: <a href="https://inkscape.org/en/~doctormo/%" target="_blank">https://inkscape.org/en/~doctormo/%
E2%98%85lines (download the file because web browser won't show the text
box)

Re: Line height with fixed units

doctormo

> It works perfectly for me !
>

> I was waiting for that for a very long time. It closes an important
> gap with DTP and allows much easier work in this area.

Thanks Ivan, please keep testing, I'm sure there'll be odd things here
and there.

Re: Line height with fixed units

Ivan Louette
No problem. I will use and test it. If I find anything which could help I tell you.

Thanks again,

ivan

Le Lundi 14 mars 2016 13h01, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> It works perfectly for me !
>

> I was waiting for that for a very long time. It closes an important
> gap with DTP and allows much easier work in this area.

Thanks Ivan, please keep testing, I'm sure there'll be odd things here
and there.

Re: Line height with fixed units

Vladimir Savic-3
Hi Martin!

Well, there are. Lorem Ipsum... extension produces results of uncontrolable
line spacing, at least I can't control those. Haven't inspected with XML editor yet.

The other one is purely cosmetic. On new document without any text object, when switching to Text tool, line spacing is some random big value on my computer. If I actually create at least one object, then it's good...

Vlada

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works perfectly for me !
>

> I was waiting for that for a very long time. It closes an important
> gap with DTP and allows much easier work in this area.

Thanks Ivan, please keep testing, I'm sure there'll be odd things here
and there.

Re: Line height with fixed units

Ivan Louette
Hi martin,

Could it be possible to convert the existing applied data while changing from percent to fixed line height ? I am not very aware of units conversion problems, and perhaps is it impossible.

That could be also useful if mouse wheel worked by decimal or centesimal increments instead of entire units (decimals seems a good compromise in line height or percents).

In that area mouse wheel doesn't work for increasing or decreasing font size (but that's not new).

Thanks again,
ivan

Le Lundi 14 mars 2016 13h01, Martin Owens <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> It works perfectly for me !
>

> I was waiting for that for a very long time. It closes an important
> gap with DTP and allows much easier work in this area.

Thanks Ivan, please keep testing, I'm sure there'll be odd things here
and there.

Re: Line height with fixed units

doctormo
Hi Ivan,

On Mon, 2016-03-14 at 22:39 +0000, Ivan Louette wrote:
> Could it be possible to convert the existing applied data while
> changing from percent to fixed line height ? I am not very aware of
> units conversion problems, and perhaps is it impossible.

> That could be also useful if mouse wheel worked by decimal or
> centesimal increments instead of entire units (decimals seems a good
> compromise in line height or percents).

I'm not sure I understand either the first part or the second part here.
Can you explain a bit more?

> In that area mouse wheel doesn't work for increasing or decreasing
> font size (but that's not new).

Is there a bug report for that?

Thanks for testing!