List issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

List issues

Maren Hachmann
Does anyone know why some list emails arrive so late lately? Within the
last week, I think at least 10 emails arrived after > 4 days only (I can
exclude a mail server issue on my side, as I get the same emails at the
same times on my web-based email account).

Has there been a major sourceforge outage?

What's the status of the mailing list move to our own server?

Maren

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List issues

Inkscape - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 02:05:29PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
> Does anyone know why some list emails arrive so late lately? Within the
> last week, I think at least 10 emails arrived after > 4 days only (I can
> exclude a mail server issue on my side, as I get the same emails at the
> same times on my web-based email account).
>
> Has there been a major sourceforge outage?

There was one, starting around the 16th and mostly resolved on or
before the 20th.  I too am still seeing a lot more "late arriving"
posts on lists than I usually see, and I don't think all of them are
coming via sourceforge.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.
                                     - Unseen Academicals

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List issues

Maren Hachmann
Am 28.02.2018 um 15:56 schrieb Ken Moffat via Inkscape-devel:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 02:05:29PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
>> Does anyone know why some list emails arrive so late lately? Within the
>> last week, I think at least 10 emails arrived after > 4 days only (I can
>> exclude a mail server issue on my side, as I get the same emails at the
>> same times on my web-based email account).
>>
>> Has there been a major sourceforge outage?
>
> There was one, starting around the 16th and mostly resolved on or
> before the 20th.  I too am still seeing a lot more "late arriving"
> posts on lists than I usually see, and I don't think all of them are
> coming via sourceforge.

- Thanks! That explains it.

Maren

> ĸen
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List issues

Bryce Harrington-3
In reply to this post by Maren Hachmann
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 02:05:29PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
> Does anyone know why some list emails arrive so late lately? Within the
> last week, I think at least 10 emails arrived after > 4 days only (I can
> exclude a mail server issue on my side, as I get the same emails at the
> same times on my web-based email account).
>
> Has there been a major sourceforge outage?

I read they had embarked on a rehosting of their hardware.  I also
noticed delays.  It will be good to exit their service.

> What's the status of the mailing list move to our own server?

It's coming along well.  You can follow progress here:

  https://gitlab.com/isd/services/commits/more-mailman

Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List issues

Maren Hachmann
Am 28.02.2018 um 17:51 schrieb Bryce Harrington:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 02:05:29PM +0100, Maren Hachmann wrote:
>> Does anyone know why some list emails arrive so late lately? Within the
>> last week, I think at least 10 emails arrived after > 4 days only (I can
>> exclude a mail server issue on my side, as I get the same emails at the
>> same times on my web-based email account).
>>
>> Has there been a major sourceforge outage?
>
> I read they had embarked on a rehosting of their hardware.  I also
> noticed delays.  It will be good to exit their service.
>
>> What's the status of the mailing list move to our own server?
>
> It's coming along well.  You can follow progress here:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/isd/services/commits/more-mailman

- That's good to hear, thanks for the link!

 Maren

> Bryce
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Inkscape-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/inkscape-devel