Looking for a GNU/Linux user with multi-touch touch pad / screen for testing new pinch zoom feature

Looking for a GNU/Linux user with multi-touch touch pad / screen for testing new pinch zoom feature

Maren Hachmann
Hi there!

Thomas (speleo3) has just implemented pinch-to-zoom for the Inkscape canvas.

As our devs don't have the necessary hardware/system combination to test
the new pinch-to-zoom feature for the upcoming Inkscape 1.0 on Linux,
we're looking for someone who

- has a working multi-touch touch screen or multi-touch trackpad

- on a Linux system (most easily probably Ubuntu/Linux Mint/other Ubuntu
derivatives, where we have a ppa for installing)

- with current (newer than Dec. 22nd 2018) Inkscape master development
version installed
 (find installation options here: https://inkscape.org/releases/master/

- preferably ppa or self-compiled, as the containerization by
snap/flatpak could (maybe?) interfere with testing).

Please post your findings here:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/412#note_127007239

Documentation will be available here:
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0#Canvas (not
written yet as of now)

Thank you!

Re: Looking for a GNU/Linux user with multi-touch touch pad / screen for testing new pinch zoom feature

Maren Hachmann
It's available in the normal master ppa. However, a small change needed
to be made to make it work on Tav's computer. I think it hasn't been
committed yet.

https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/commit/6b681796bd808866cd880ad339225ec61799203b#note_127009242

Further testing seems to be required, though, according to the comments,
so as soon as that above-mentioned small change is in Inkscape master
and available from the ppa, your help will still be good to have!

I hope I'll notice when it gets added, so I can inform you (if Thomas
beats me to it, I would be glad, though :) )

Maren

Am 24.12.18 um 11:36 schrieb C R:

> If you can compile a ppa for Ubuntu 18.10 I can test with three
> different kinds of touch screen hardware, all of which support multitouch
>
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018, 17:30 Maren Hachmann <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hi there!
>
>     Thomas (speleo3) has just implemented pinch-to-zoom for the Inkscape
>     canvas.
>
>     As our devs don't have the necessary hardware/system combination to test
>     the new pinch-to-zoom feature for the upcoming Inkscape 1.0 on Linux,
>     we're looking for someone who
>
>     - has a working multi-touch touch screen or multi-touch trackpad
>
>     - on a Linux system (most easily probably Ubuntu/Linux Mint/other Ubuntu
>     derivatives, where we have a ppa for installing)
>
>     - with current (newer than Dec. 22nd 2018) Inkscape master development
>     version installed
>      (find installation options here: https://inkscape.org/releases/master/
>
>     - preferably ppa or self-compiled, as the containerization by
>     snap/flatpak could (maybe?) interfere with testing).
>
>     Please post your findings here:
>     https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/merge_requests/412#note_127007239
>
>     Documentation will be available here:
>     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/1.0#Canvas (not
>     written yet as of now)
>
>     Thank you!
>
>      Maren

Re: Looking for a GNU/Linux user with multi-touch touch pad / screen for testing new pinch zoom feature

C R
Thanks Maren!
-C