Looking for developer to write extension

Looking for developer to write extension

Scott216
I'm looking for someone to write an Inkscape extension for me (I'm using
v0.92).  I have a laser cutter and when I import a dxf file, all the lines
are separate line segments.  I want to join them so they are one path - this
is more efficient for my laser cutter.  Below are the steps I go through
manually.  I'd like to select my object, then run the extension and have it
do this for me.

- Select object
- Object: Ungroup - may have to do this several times
copies stacked over one another
- Unselect - because both stacked objects are selected
- Select top object and delete
- Select remaining object
- Set Fill to clear and Stroke to a green
- Set stroke thickness to 0.02 inches

Thanks
Scott

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-Dev-f2781808.html

Re: Looking for developer to write extension

Maren Hachmann
What about https://github.com/fablabnbg/inkscape-chain-paths?

It was made for exactly that purpose, as far as I understand what you're
asking for - although I don't get the complex chain of commands, so
maybe you're doing something different?

A manual option would be to select all (Ctrl+A), switch to node tool
(n), select all nodes (Ctrl+A) and then to join the nodes (button 'join
selected nodes with new segment' or Alt+J).

Maren

Am 31.07.19 um 23:27 schrieb Scott216:

> I'm looking for someone to write an Inkscape extension for me (I'm using
> v0.92).  I have a laser cutter and when I import a dxf file, all the lines
> are separate line segments.  I want to join them so they are one path - this
> is more efficient for my laser cutter.  Below are the steps I go through
> manually.  I'd like to select my object, then run the extension and have it
> do this for me.
>
> - Select object
> - Object: Ungroup - may have to do this several times
> copies stacked over one another
> - Unselect - because both stacked objects are selected
> - Select top object and delete
> - Select remaining object
> - Set Fill to clear and Stroke to a green
> - Set stroke thickness to 0.02 inches
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>

> --
> Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-Dev-f2781808.html

Re: Looking for developer to write extension

Scott216
That extension might do what I need.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-Dev-f2781808.html

Re: Looking for developer to write extension

Maximilian Gaukler
You may also want to have a look at http://visicut.org/ , it's an open
source lasercutting program which supports SVG and DXF format, many
brands of lasercutters, and handles broken lines quite well. Most DXF
files from CAD programs just work without any preprocessing.

Max

Re: Looking for developer to write extension

Scott216
Maren,

I tried that inkscape-chain-paths extension and it works quite well for my
laser printer.  Also, you manual suggestion of joining nodes works as well,
and it's fewer steps then the way I was doing it.

Thanks
Scott

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-Dev-f2781808.html