Looking for drop shadow filter (0.92.2)

Lars Behrens
Hi all,

just wondering if there is a drop shado filter dialog in inkscape?

Scrolling through the filter list I didn't find one, only different
kinds of shadow filter.

Of course I know how to create a drop shadow but repeating it over and
over and memorizing the settings is a bit tedious.

Cheerz,
Lars

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Looking for drop shadow filter (0.92.2)

alvinpenner
have you tried this: Filters->Shadows and Glows->Drop Shadow...

--
Sent from: http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Inkscape-User-f2857977.html

Re: Looking for drop shadow filter (0.92.2)

Patrick Storz

Hi Lars,

there is, see Filters -> Shadow + Glow -> Drop Shadow...
(make sure to give your shape a fill - stumbled across that myself recently [1])

Please note that filter effects can not easily be exported to PDF, though, so if you need to create a PDF at some point it's still better to create the drop shadow manually.

Regards,
Eduard

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1743768

Am 29.01.2018 um 18:16 schrieb Ivan Louette:
> Filters/Shadows and Glows/Drop Shadow

Ok, thanks all. I didn't identify the menu item because the german
translation "Abgesetzter Schatten" is unusual, at least I have never
read that before. Usually "Schlagschatten" is used.

And the default settings were so weird that I didn't recognize it as
drop shadow effect :)

Cheerz,
Lars

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Looking for drop shadow filter (0.92.2)

Inkscape - User mailing list
The problem of default settings (too high values for blur and turbulence for example) is due to changes in Units by mm which occured after the filters were designed (see this bug report). The only work around to go back to initial values at the moment is changing scale x to 3,7795 instead of 1,00000 in the Scale part of the Document Properties dialog when you use filters.