Quantcast

Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

12

OSX/Inkscape integration code

Valerio Aimale
this is how to try my osx integration code

https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1097009

Valerio

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

Valerio Aimale
I see that the first Mac OSX package attempt  (below) is still being
downloaded:

It would be better to download one of these two:

Mountain Lon:

http://rapidshare.com/files/1736402100/Inkscape-r0.48.4-r9943-10.8%2B-x86_64_RC3.dmg

Lion:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3930886749/Inkscape-r0.48.4-r9943-10.7%2B-x86_64_RC3.dmg

Valerio

On 1/3/13 11:31 AM, Valerio Aimale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not an official packager, but I was eager to have an updated
> version of Inkscape for Mac OS X and I noticed that nobody is
> packaging the new version.
>
> I've packaged it for Mountain Lion and x86_64. It should be considered
> a beta packaging. I've packaged from version 0.48+devel r12005
>
> You can download it at:
>
> https://rapidshare.com/files/3885726044/Inkscape_MountainLion_x86_64.dmg
>
> The Mac Os X packaging infrastructure in the source tree is a bit
> ancient. Things I've noticed:
>
> - configure.ac uses syntax that is not conforming anymore with
> autoconf/automake/authohear 1.13. Going forward that should be updated.
> - the scripts osx-build.sh os-app.sh needs update for the newest Xcode
> versions. they don't work out of the box.
> - the dylib base relocation infrastructure needed to be rewritten
> - the Platypus-derived ScriptExec executable might not be needed
> anymore - in this version, the app bundle executes the sh script
> directly.
>
> Features:
>
> - The version I packaged runs gtk-2.0+quartz. It does not need
> X11/Xquartz anymore to run. This is the direction GIMP has gone to as
> well.
> - It uses the same theme as GIMP. I think it's a good consistency
> decision, and it's the theme that looks best on Mtn Lion.
>
> If somebody want to try and report problems, I'd appreciate it
>
> Valerio

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

Andy Fitzsimon-2
Any updates on this?

The keyboard bug is hilarious but a killer and i'm not certain of the best way to resolve it having inspected the package.

there's a whole planet of folks waiting with baited breath for this.
what can we do to help?

Andy

--
Andy

On 2/3/13 5:24 PM, Andy Fitzsimon wrote:
Any updates on this?

The keyboard bug is hilarious but a killer and i'm not certain of the best way to resolve it having inspected the package.

there's a whole planet of folks waiting with baited breath for this.
what can we do to help?

Andy

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Valerio Aimale <[hidden email]> wrote:
It would be better to download one of these two:

--
Andy
Andy,

I've been busy with work related stuff. I'll put up another RC tonight.

Valerio

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

Vutshi
Thanks for the mac os build!
I have tested it on mac os 10.8.3 it works. I see only two problem:
1) the number keys don't work
2) it renders graphics really slowly compared to X11 version.

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

McKheeper
Well done!
I have download the Mountain Lon version. It's took a little longer to start, but then open drawing was fast.
I'm not sure if you know but icons aren't loaded, it's may be just wrong path.

Anyway I'm going to try create one project and post a feedback.

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

kahu
This is really great to see native Mac builds worked on.  I would love to test more RCs and offer feedback.

Any progress on related bugs being accepted and merged?

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

sugimoto605
I created similar one since above links are unavailable.  The package is here but I have several difficulties:
1. Requires ImageMagick and GNU_Aspell
2. sudo ln -s /Library/Fonts\ Disabled /usr/share/fonts to use TimesNewRoman
3. Drag and drop does not work. You have to use other app to open file.

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

Andy Fitzsimon-2
So happy to see this thread taking off.
Please let me know if anyone needs testing.

Andy

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM, sugimoto605 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I created similar one since above links are unavailable.  The package is
here
<https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-fsh6hu54cgcdbskmiuhgg5bygi-1001&uniqid=908316ff-aaf0-4dc2-aa92-392590820a58>
but I have several difficulties:
1. Requires  ImageMagick <http://cactuslab.com/imagemagick/>   and
GNU_Aspell
<https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-fsh6hu54cgcdbskmiuhgg5bygi-1001&uniqid=908316ff-aaf0-4dc2-aa92-392590820a58>
2. sudo ln -s /Library/Fonts\ Disabled /usr/share/fonts to use TimesNewRoman
3. Drag and drop does not work. You have to use  other app
<https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-fsh6hu54cgcdbskmiuhgg5bygi-1001&uniqid=908316ff-aaf0-4dc2-aa92-392590820a58>
to open file.

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

Kunda
Any further activity on this exciting development?

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4

frizzlefry
Hey, just wanted to point out that there are nearly nine thousand views on this thread, which is several orders of magnitude greater than almost any other thread here. Obviously there are a lot of people that are really interested in an up-to-date Mac version of Inkscape.

It's been almost a year since Valerio's last update on this. Is there anything we can do to help this along? Can anyone step in and pick up where this left off? Please??

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

skilfullycurled
Valerio thank you sososososo much for the dmg's, and thank you's to everyone on this list who helped make that possible.

I was stuck up against this bug:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/365458

And it would have been impossible for me to finish my project without a fix.  And, right when I was nearly finished none the less.

Thank you.

You saved me days of work that would have been rendered entirely meaningless.

Meta-love to the folks at Inkscape for fixing the bug in the first place and making this free and open software available.

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

duvrai
Since * lots * of people are apparently looking for the native OS X version of Inkscape, I decided to publish it here as a torrent.

Inside, you will find version 0.48.4 RC5 for Mountain Lion that Valerio Aimale posted on Feb 11, 2013.
It's the latest native compiled version I could find, I downloaded it a while ago and now the original rapidshare links are dead.
It seems to work on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) as well as 10.9 (Mavericks).

Torrent file: Inkscape-r0.48.4-r9943-10.8+-x86_64_RC5.dmg.torrent
Torrent contents:
Inkscape-r0.48.4-r9943-10.8+-x86_64_RC5.dmg (59 MiB)
SHA1 a9351c09b26185323aa0d4f6405749491201f622
MD5 b90f5ba6d3d3f403d3fda6e93ebb4242

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

duvrai
OK, I just found out about the new development on native Inkscape for Mac.
You can even download the latest unstable builds!
It's all here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~suv-lp/inkscape/osxmenu

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

frizzlefry
This post was updated on .
Yes, the osxmenu branch is looking really fantastic. I believe though that those builds are hosted on su_v’s personal drobox account, and considering the amount of traffic this thread has been getting (it’s over 10k views now), it may be better to share them as torrents or mirror them somewhere else so su_v’s account doesn’t get hammered.

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

su_v
On 2014-04-18 15:50 +0100, frizzlefry wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2014, at 5:09 AM, duvrai [via Inkscape]
> <email snipped> wrote:
>
>> OK, I just found out about the new development on native Inkscape
>> for Mac. You can even download the latest unstable builds! It's all
>> here: https://code.launchpad.net/~suv-lp/inkscape/osxmenu
>>
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>> discussion below:
>> http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Mac-OS-X-Mountain-Lion-x86-64-packaging-of-0-48-4-tp4965851p4970261.html
>
> Yes, the osxmenu branch is looking really fantastic. I believe though
> that those builds are hosted on su_v’s personal drobox account, and
> considering the amount of traffic this thread has been getting (it’s
> over 10k views now), it may be better to share them as torrents or
> mirror them somewhere else so su_v’s account doesn’t get hammered.

There seem to be "semi-detached" discussions going on at the nabble
mirror of the 'inkscape-devel' mailing list.

If you want to contribute to the discussion, subscribe to it via
sourceforge.net. Messages posted on a web mirror of the mailing list
archive are _not_ automatically forwarded to the list unless you are
subscribed to the list yourself.

Personally, I will not check the nabble server regularly for comments
which have not been accepted by the mailing list server.

As mentioned in the original thread about the pending release of
Inkscape 0.48.5 (a different thread than this one), the builds /
packages based on the 'osxmenu' branches are still at an experimental
stage right now. Please do _not_ distribute those builds without my
knowledge elsewhere (mirror, or as torrents, or whatever). Do not post
links to the dropbox folder outside of the 'inkscape-devel' mailing list
either, thx (frizzlefry is right about this being my personal dropbox
account, as explained in my original mail).

Hopefully, in the near future there will be official OS X development
builds available for download via links on the official download page at
inkscape.org.

Please note also that the 'osxmenu' branch is not the same as the
packages in discussed in this (old) thread, and that su_v and Valerio
Aimale are not the same person.

Thx, su_v

Re: Rejuvenated build system for Mac OS X

Partha Bagchi
I am happy to host the OSX builds (I plan to build as well) on my website.

On Apr 18, 2014, at 5:09 AM, duvrai [via Inkscape] <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK, I just found out about the new development on native Inkscape for Mac.
You can even download the latest unstable builds!
It's all here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~suv-lp/inkscape/osxmenu

http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/Mac-OS-X-Mountain-Lion-x86-64-packaging-of-0-48-4-tp4965851p4970261.html
To unsubscribe from Mac OS X Mountain Lion x86_64 packaging of 0.48.4, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Inkscape - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

12