Quantcast

MacPorts Inkscape Install

PipingDesignCentral .
From a recent instruction:

**If you have MacPorts installed you can build the X11 version using

**sudo port install inkscape

**or the Quartz version using

**sudo port install inkscape +quartz

I tried the latter after installing MacPorts and it seems to be hanging at 'Building gtk2' after 30 minutes.

I must have done something wrong. Any advice?

Paul

[ Dozens of command lines not pasted below ]

--->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/gtk2

--->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/gtk2

--->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/gtk2

--->  Fetching distfiles for gtk2

--->  Attempting to fetch gtk+-2.24.31.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/gtk2

--->  Verifying checksums for gtk2

--->  Extracting gtk2

--->  Applying patches to gtk2

--->  Configuring gtk2

--->  Building gtk2

Re: MacPorts Inkscape Install

Maren Hachmann
In case Dave doesn't find it here, he gave a link to their ticket system:

> Let me know if you have any questions, issues or comments or you can file a ticket at https://trac.macports.org/

Maren

Am 05.01.2017 um 16:49 schrieb PipingDesignCentral .:

> From a recent instruction:
>

> **If you have MacPorts installed you can build the X11 version using
>
> **sudo port install inkscape
>
> **or the Quartz version using
>
> **sudo port install inkscape +quartz
>
> I tried the latter after installing MacPorts and it seems to be hanging
> at 'Building gtk2' after 30 minutes.
>
> I must have done something wrong. Any advice?
>
> Paul
>
> [ Dozens of command lines not pasted below ]
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2
> from https://packages.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2
> from http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2
> from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Fetching distfiles for gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk+-2.24.31.tar.xz from
> https://distfiles.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Verifying checksums for gtk2
>

> --->  Extracting gtk2
>
> --->  Applying patches to gtk2
>
> --->  Configuring gtk2
>
> --->  Building gtk2

Re: MacPorts Inkscape Install

David Evans
On 1/5/17 7:49 AM, PipingDesignCentral . wrote:

> From a recent instruction:
>

> **If you have MacPorts installed you can build the X11 version using
>
> **sudo port install inkscape
>
> **or the Quartz version using
>
> **sudo port install inkscape +quartz
>
> I tried the latter after installing MacPorts and it seems to be hanging at 'Building gtk2' after 30 minutes.
>
> I must have done something wrong. Any advice?
>
> Paul
>
> [ Dozens of command lines not pasted below ]
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from
> http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk2-2.24.31_0+quartz.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Fetching distfiles for gtk2
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch gtk+-2.24.31.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/gtk2
>
> --->  Verifying checksums for gtk2
>
> --->  Extracting gtk2
>
> --->  Applying patches to gtk2
>
> --->  Configuring gtk2
>
> --->  Building gtk2

Hi, Paul.

Hard to tell from what you have said here but a few ideas:

If this is a new install of MacPorts, please make sure you have installed everything as recommended
in the guide.  Particularly, the installation of Xcode and the command line tools and that you have
updated the ports tree to the latest version using

$ sudo port selfupdate

Then, try a clean install of just gtk2 +quartz using the debug mode (-d) for more information.  The question
is, is it hanging or just taking a long time to compile?  If hanging, where exactly is that happening?

$ sudo port clean gtk2
$ sudo port install -d gtk2 +quartz

Note also the location of the detailed build log can be found using the command

$ port logfile gtk2

This is probably OT for most here so feel free to contact me directly or file a MacPorts ticket CCing me
as mentioned above for futher follow up.

Also mention which Mac you are using and the Mac OS X version.  This version of Inkscape has built
successfully on the MacPorts buildbots for 10.6 thru 10.12.  Earlier OS versions that that or PPC platforms
may be problematic.

Hope this helps
Dave